Meeting Minutes – 5/6/16

May 6, 2016 | Club Meeting Minutes

Courses 

  • We need to me active and vigilant about keeping the courses clean. The town of Chili sent a letter indicating that the litter and garbage has become a huge problem and we need to address it.
  • All parks are Carry In, Carry Out! If you bring it in, take it out. If you see people littering address it, let them know that they should dispose of it themselves outside of the park/course. There are to be no bags left on courses, especially not on tee signs. We want the best appearance to shine, not only to players but to the municipalities.
  • If a town decides that the garbage is too far out of control, they have the ability to pull the course and end our fun. Share this with others and shame them if you must.
  • There is a proposal to add signage to the courses to remind people to “give a hoot, don’t pollute”… Or something…
  • Williamson
    • We have been given the OK to build a kiosk at 1 Tee Concrete tee pads also approved once permanent
  • MCC
    • A proposal has been brought up to add bat boxes to Combat mosquitos
  • Swain
    • Disc Golf course has been pulled

Leagues

  • GRDGC Tuesday Doubles
    • We have hit a record 69 participants
    • Tom Kent is inputting stats, make sure First & Last names
  • Singles @ Williamson
    • Numbers have improved
    • Looking to possibly do a Williamson/Ellison rotation
  • Match Play
    • Ready to start up!
    • Info available on Facebook as a closed group to those involved
  • Women’s League
    • Going well
    • Looking for donations for end of the year raffles and discs

Community Events

  • ADK Expo June 11, Contact Tom Kent to volunteer

Tournaments

  • Monthly Singles Events – Thursday, May 12 5:45 Chili
    • Held each Thursday directly following club meetings
    • Am payout sponsored by Millenium
  • Women’s Global Event, Greater Rochester Girls Gone Gonzo
    • May 14 @ Basil
    • Looking for sponsors and raffle items
    • John Allocco to provide lunch
  • Chili Cookout
    • May 28 & 29 Chili and Parma – Get registered!
  • Trilogy Challenge
    • Sunday, June 5 @ Chili
    • Limited spots, get registered
  • RFDO
    • We are waiting on updates from Tony and the Tourney Committee
    • Next meeting to be revealed by Tony soon
  • 2018 Masters World Championships Bid/Proposal
    • To be discussed at upcoming tourney committee mtg

Special Election

  • Vice President
    • Nikki DiSalvo will be continuing her academic pursuits in Emporia, Kansas in the Fall, and she is allowing her husband Derek to come along. As a result, we will have an opening in our elected officials beginning in July. Nominations will be accepted from current GRDGC members through the June Club Meeting. Voting will take place at July Meeting.

Next Meeting June 6 Buffalo Wild Wings Patio next to bar

Attendees

Ryan Hand, Derek Savory, Ed Bower, Ken Krie, Jerami Frechette, Adam Brennan, Jason Krohn, Kristina Punti, Tom Kent, Royce Racinowski, John Allocco, Tony Inzana