Attendees: Numerous (~25-30)
Proceedings: Meeting started at 6:05 p.m. by Ryan Hand
Treasury Report: Club has $3,227.88
- The club will run a B-tier for the 2013 RFDO (39th)
- Have secured $2,000 so far in sponsorship.
- Will use Parma and Chili for the two courses.
- Saturday: AMs will play Chili and Pros will be at Parma
- Sunday: AMs will play one round at Parma, Pros will play one round at Chili
- Final-9s Sunday afternoon at Chili
- Tony Inzana will TD on Pro course, Peter Lunstead and Zach Morrison will TD AM course
- Player party to be at Parma on Saturday night.
- Anybody who raises $500 or more in sponsorship will have their entry fee waived.
2014 RFDO – 40th!!!
- Looking to secure a car sponsorship by August.
- A sponsorship package is being worked on.
- AM tourney will be 2-weeks prior and will help fund the Pro event.
- Pro tourney will be a 3-day event.
- Need to secure link to a 501(3)(c)
- Membership is $20 (includes numbered bag tag).
- Will look into Gateway’s mini bag tags offerings.
- Year-end Doubles will be back at temp. course at Webster Town Park. Date: TBD
- Club Championships will be at the Victor Apple Farm. Date: TBD
- Tuesday Night Doubles – in progress – drawing partners at 5:50, play at 6pm. (44 players first night)
- Thursday Night Singles League – starts on May 2nd (Basil) at 5:45
- Bring your bag tags
- Ace Pool max at $150
- Sunday morning Women’s League – starts May 5th starts at 11am (free to play)
- League Director: Nikki DiSalvo
- Gonzo/Neighborhood Disc Golf Series
- 6 events (6th is the Invitational Extravaganza)
- Play in all 5 pre-events and Invitational entry is free.
- Play in 4 and your cost is $10, play in 3 and your cost is $20
- The 5th event will be a B-Tier at the Apple Farm (Victor)
- The 6th (Extravaganza) will be the Invitational and that will take place at Shorewinds.
- ADK Expo – June 8th at Mendon Ponds
- To be run by Gene Beaumont and Zach Morrison
- Looking for any extra volunteers that can make it.
2016 Hearing-Impaired Championships
- Former GRDGC club member Patrick Harris, who now resides in Vermont, would like to have Rochester host the 2016 Hearing-Impaired Disc Golf Championships.
- He is looking for volunteers to assist with TD’ing the courses.
- Tony Inzana suggested the use of Chili or Parma and possibly a temp course at RIT for this event.
- Course Maintenance
- Need help in picking up trash on courses…bring extra bags to pick up what you can.
- 2nd set of baskets (long pin placements) being worked out.
- Gold-banned baskets will stay in place and new Black-banned baskets will be added but in tougher and longer positions.
- Same tee pads will be used for both baskets on each hole.
- Innova will be replacing the chains on the existing baskets at no cost. (June)
- work day prior to Doubles (April 23rd)
- contact Ryan Hand for more information
- Working out plans to replace basket #5 that was damaged.
- Ryan Hand will contact Monroe County Parks Dept. this week for options.
- Tony Inzana will contact Gateway for replacement costs.
- New course at Gates Town Park
- Dan Hoock was in attendance to advise that he has gotten approvals from the Town of Gates to put a 9-hole course into Gates Town Park off of Lyell Ave. (between Elmgrove Rd. and Manitou Rd.).
- Workday on April 28th (at noon) to install collars.
- New course Palmyra
- Clayton Woodard has approvals for a new course in Palmyra (off of Rt. 21, north of Rt. 31).
- No date as to when baskets will be in the ground and the course will be ready for play.
- He is currently looking for hole sponsorships.
- Ryan Hand, Gonzo and GRDGC have committed $500/ea to sponsor three holes.
- New course in Webster
- The club was approached by the Webster Town Parks Dept. about the possibility of putting a course at North Ponds Park (north-side of 104 (between Holt Rd. and North Ave. (RT. 250))(park entrance is off of 250).
- Ryan Hand has designed a 9-hole and 18-hole layout to present to the Parks Dept.
- New course in Ontario
- Ray Sanger and Ryan Hand have designed a layout in Ontario at an old landfill.
- Baskets have been bought and should be in the ground this Spring.
- more details to follow
- Apple Farm (Victor)
- 2nd course has been staked out though work has yet to begin on it.
- Ryan Hand will contact the Monroe County Parks Dept. concerning the fly pads and 2nd set of chains installed at Churchville at the club’s expense.
- Looking to pull the fly pads out for re-use at other courses.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary/Treasurer, Gene Beaumont.