Upcoming Events

Sept

13-14

Gonzo Camp-a-Thon!

Shorewinds DGC

2014 NYS Events Schedule

Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

 

 Monroe County Sports

 

 Gonzo Disc Golf

 

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

 

 

 

 

 

2011 AM Worlds Meeting Minutes

 

 

 2009 2010
8/31 10/5 11/3 12/7 2/1 3/1 5/10 8/9

 

DATE: August 31st, 2009
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, John Alloco, Doug Corea,

Andy Austin, John Whitney, Ron Shamp


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:45 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • MCC (Monroe Community College) Meeting:
    • Tony Inzana and Ryan Hand met with officials at MCC to discuss improvements to the MCC disc golf course.
    • MCC staff wants to see the course re-designed and once the new layout was approved by MCC they would pay the cost of having cement tee pads installed.
  • Meeting with Monroe County Parks Dept.:
    • Tony Inzana, Ryan Hand, and Dave Thomas met with officials with the Monroe County Parks Dept. to discuss the disc golf courses at several of the county parks. 
    • The officials (Scott Bell and TC Pellett) are very interested in improving the condition of these courses to include some re-design, tee pad installation and possible locations for new courses to include resurrecting the course that use to be a Genesee Valley Park.
    • Receipts from the last cement tee pad installation project, at the Chili course, need to be collected and shown to the Parks Dept. in order to collect our next check from them.
    • A letter will need to be drafted by us to present to the head of the Monroe County Parks Dept. to win support for more disc golf courses on park land and cement tee pad installations to go along with them.
  • Parma Disc Golf course:
    • Possible re-design ideas were proposed.
    • Due to some outstanding issues at Churchville, Parma will probably be the next course to get cement tee pads.
    • The club will contact the local VFW to discuss possibilities of moving the disc golf kiosk to the parking lot side of the hedge row.
  • Non-Profit Status:
    • Our lawyer has filed our request with the State’s Attorney General’s office.
    • Need to get our Mission Statement and By-Laws approved and sent on to the lawyer in preparation for the next steps in the non-profit setup process.
  • Tournament Hotel:
    • Tony Inzana advised that he still needs to contact hotel management at the downtown Radisson to confirm if our agreement and rates are still available since the management change
  • Genesee Valley Park Course:
    • Course design ideas were discussed.
  • Website:
    • Adam Brennan advised that the course pages have been updated with the Google map views.
    • He would like to see more pictures on the site and is looking for any submissions.
  • Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
  • Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: October 5th, 2009
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, John Alloco

 


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:30 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Setup emails using club’s domain name:
    • Adam Brennan will start creating email addresses for club officers and others who may need one for use for official club business.
    • Adam will also work on creating a group email account for better information distribution of club information.
  • Create club PayPal account:

    • Adam will work on creating this account to be used as a paying option for club purposes (memberships, tournament registration, etc.)
  • Non-profit status update:

    • Gene Beaumont will be trying to get an update from the lawyer who is working on our package for non-profit status.
  • Graphic Design work for Worlds:

    • Gene will be getting an update from our contact at Roberts Wesleyan (Jill Kepler). (Follow up) After trying to call Jill Kepler Gene was informed that she no longer works there and that her replacement (Chris Petrides) is willing to work with us but not until the next semester.  Currently in the process of contacting the Graphic Design dept. at RIT for other options.
  • Tournament Hotel:
    • Tony Inzana spoke to the hotel representative about the previous management’s agreement for the hotel’s use during the World’s tournament.
    • Another meeting is scheduled for this Tuesday.
  • Tournament Activities:
    • Several ideas were discussed concerning various activities that will take place during the Worlds, i.e. Fly Mart, Long Drive and Putting competitions.
    • Conference rooms at the hotel will need to be reserved.
    • Tournament dates:
      • Registration would begin on July 23rd (Saturday)
      • Tournament would be from July 25th – July 30th (Monday-Saturday)
    • Possible venues for Long Drive competition:  Ellison Park, Highland Park
  • Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
  • Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: November 3rd, 2009
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, John Alloco, Doug Corea,

Jeff Walker, Chuck Siegfried, Keith Davis, Jim Palmeri


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:10 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Minutes from previous meeting were read
  • Non-profit status update:
    • Gene Beaumont advised that the lawyer has all of the paperwork and it has been sent to Albany.
  • Radisson Hotel Contract:

    • Tony Inzana has advised that the GRDGC now has a signed contract with the Radisson for rooms, meetings, etc.
  • Tony’s Monthly Call with PDGA:
    • Tony will be having a monthly call with the PDGA representatives to discuss our  progress.
    • The PDGA reps would like an email showing the status of our courses that will be used for the Worlds.
  • Courses for Worlds:

    • We plan on using the courses at Basil, Chili, Churchville, Parma, Ellison, MCC while possibly looking at using the courses at Sweden, Genesee Valley (Temp), Powder Mill (Temp) and others yet to be named.
  • 1999 Worlds:
    • We are looking to utilize design and logo ideas from the 1999 Worlds.  It is understood that Royce Racinowski has the logos from that tournament.
  • Graphic Design work for Worlds:

    • Currently, we have two students from RIT and two from Roberts Wesleyan who have volunteered to come up with designs for the 2011 AM Worlds.
    • We are hoping to have some final designs decided on by March of 2010.
  • Worlds Sponsorship:
    • Tony Inzana has informed us that we have received a $1,000 sponsorship from Millennium and John Houck.
    • We are also hoping to have sponsorship packages finalized in the next few months.
  • GRDGC/Worlds Promotional Items:
    • We are looking into different items to be used to help promote the club and Worlds.
      • Minis
      • Pencils
      • Business cards
  • Course Supervisors:
    • It was discussed that we need to name a central course supervisor for each of our courses.  This person will be responsible for coordinating the work and design at their designated course.  Solicitations for this position would probably start at the club’s next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: December 7th, 2009
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, John Alloco, Doug Corea,

Jeff Walker, Greg Curcio


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:15 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Minutes from previous meeting were read
  • Graphic Design work for Worlds:
    • Currently, we have five students from RIT and Roberts Wesleyan who have volunteered to come up with designs for the 2011 AM Worlds.
    • Some early drawings have been done but nothing of note.
    • Jeff Walker will post to other club’s forums to see if anybody would be interested in submitting designs.
    • We would also like to talk to Scott from Freetime to see if he is willing to help.
  • January’s Club Meeting:

    • Sending a mass email was discussed to help get the word out.
    • The agenda for the meeting was also discussed.
  • Non-profit status update:
    • Gene Beaumont advised that the lawyer has all of the paperwork and it has been sent to Albany.
  • Course Setup Ideas:

    • Ideas were tossed around about how to set up courses:
      • Adding distances in fairway to basket
      • Ensuring all baskets have 30’ circle around them
      • The need for an overall course chairman and individual course supervisors
  • Greece Canal and Powder Mill Park courses:
    • Greg Curcio gave an update about how he has walked the proposed Powder Mill Park course.
    • Discussed the proposal that was submitted to the Monroe County Parks Dept. to solicit funds from the Greece Canal Park budget ($2,000,000), for park improvements, to build a course.
  • Player’s Party:
    • A date for the party was discussed for either Wednesday or Thursday of the tournament week.
    • Funds for the player’s party were also discussed especially when it comes to the sounds board and lights needed for the bands.
    • Jeff Walker suggested that he knew several bands that may be interested in playing during the tournament week.
  • Tournament Activities:
    • Ideas for Red Wing and Rhino games during tournament involving long drive finalists.
    • Tony suggested that perhaps the FlyMart and Shuffle would be on the same night.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: February 1st, 2010
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, John Alloco, Doug Corea,

Jeff Walker, Greg Curcio, Keith Davis, Andy Austin, Doug Blighton


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:00 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Minutes from previous meeting were read
  • Edge Program:
    • Tony discusses how the Edge program can help promote the club and that we need to meet with area schools Phys Ed teachers and Athletic Directors to explain the EDGE program and show them disc golf.
    • Tony plans to follow up with Scott Bell regarding organizing a meeting/clinic with Phys Ed teachers and Athletic Directors.
  • Basil Marella Course Plans:

    • Doug Corea discusses his meeting with John Plummer and the landscaping plans for Basil.
    • The club will work with John Plummer to mark trees for removal and possible drainage solutions.
    • Doug is researching the rental of a chipper for a weekend of work at Basil to get rid of the limbs that have accumulated.
    • J. Plummer has also pledged to provide benches for the course.
    • Work day scheduled for March 27th from 8:30 – noon.
  • Course Baskets:

    • Still need to address the various dilapidated baskets at the area courses.
    • Tony plans to talk to Innova to discuss possible replacements.
  • Graphic Designs:
    • We are still looking for graphic design submissions.
  • Chili Course:
    • New tee signs have been installed and provided by the town.
    • Suggestions were made to rope off the perimeter for the different tournaments being held there.
  • Insurance:
    • The club needs to investigate liability insurance and initial inquiries reflect costs to be approx. $650/yr covering 100 club members.
    • Other options are being investigated.
  • Sponsorships:
    • Tony Inzana, Greg Curcio and Adam Brennan will meet to create the club’s sponsorship form.
    • Tony plans to complete the clock design.
    • Gene Beaumont plans on contacting Enertia Beverage (a local energy drink maker) for possible tournament sponsorship.
    • Greg Curcio has contacted Gorilla Boy about possibly donating custom stitched bags for Worlds prize pack.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: March 1st, 2010
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, Keith Davis, Jim Palmeri, Ryan Hand, John Lehman, Max Norman, Jim Floyd


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:20 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Parks Proposal
    • Still awaiting word from the Parks Dept. if the proposal was approved.
  • Graphic Designs:

    • Max Norman attended the meeting to discuss his designs and concepts.
    • Max will adjust one of his logos so that it can be used for letterhead, hats and shirts.  Further refinement will also be needed so that a final design for the 2011 AM Worlds logo will be completed.
    • Many ideas were discussed in the form of different disk logos.  Tony would like to see 6-8 different designs.
  • Sponsorships:

    • Gene Beaumont will be meeting Enertia Beverage (a local energy drink maker) this week for possible tournament sponsorships.
  • Media:
    • Contact should start being made with various media outlets to discuss various ways of getting the word out about the club and our hosting of the 2011 AM Worlds.
  • 2010 AM Worlds:

    • The following have committed to work the 2010 AM Worlds in Ohio:
      • Tony Inzana
      • Ryan Hand
      • Gene Beaumont
    • Still looking for others willing to commit to helping the Ohio club.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: May 10th, 2010
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: Tony Inzana’s house


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Adam Brennan, John Alloco, Doug Corea, Jeff Walker, Andy Austin, Doug Blighton


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:10 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Parma Course Plans:

    • Cement to arrive on Saturday morning.
    • Friday’s work to start at noon.
    • The tee pads in the open will be flush to the ground and any tee pads in the woods will be above ground.
  • Basil:
    • Plummer advised that he would supply a guy to dig the drainage ditch.
    • Chipper will be scheduled to be onsite sometime after Parma is complete.
  • Monroe County Parks Dept:

    • Ryan has contacted the Parks Dept. letting them know we have not heard from TC Pellett concerning our proposal.
  • Fund Raising Discs:

    • Tony will buy first 200 discs using 1st design from Discraft.
  • 2010 AM Worlds:
    • Tony and Gene still plan on going to the 2010 AM Worlds in Ohio to volunteer.
    • Monroe County Sports Commission still plans on being in Ohio to promote 2011 AM Worlds.
    • Looking to create a flier to bring to Ohio to promote the RFDO and 2011’s Chili Cookout and bring printed minis to distribute in the player’s pack.
  • Tax Exempt Status:
    • IRS’s response has been faxed back to them.  No further action needs to be taken at this time.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

 

DATE: August 9th, 2010
TIME: 7:00 PM

LOCATION: The Wintonnaire (628 Winton Rd. North)


ATTENDEES:

Tony Inzana, Gene Beaumont, Matt Brennan, Doug Corea, John Lehman, Chuck Sigfried, Doug Blighton, Jim Palmeri


PROCEEDINGS:

  • Meeting started at 7:10 p.m. by Tony Inzana
  • Course TDs:
    • The following are the know course TDs for 2011 AM Worlds:
      • Genesee Valley Park – Jim Palmeri
      • Ellison Park – Doug Corea and Royce Racinowski
      • Chili – James Nichols
      • Parma – Sharon and Leroy Jenkins
      • Churchville – Old Man and Mom Wallis
      • MCC –  Mike Barnett ???
      • Basil –  Eric Trippany or Dave Melton ???
    • We are going to reach out to the following, at this time, to ask if they are interested in TD’ing a course for us:  
      • Sharon and LeRoy Jenkins
  • Courses:
    • Wrapping up work for this year at Basil with the “Big Chip” before proceeding to MCC to begin the hole construction needed for its re-design.
    • A suggestion was submitted to make #13 at MCC the new #1 to take advantage of the ice rink bar that is right there.
  • Misc:
    • A Project Plan will be worked on and proposed to the club for the next meeting as well as an agenda of items to discuss and “take-aways” to be worked on before the next meeting.
    • PDGA has requested the mileage between courses.  This will be completed by Gene B.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Gene Beaumont.

Copyright © 2014 Greater Rochester Disc Golf Club. All Rights Reserved.  |   SiteSteward, Inc.