Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Course conditions, opinions and observations
By swiltse
Just wondering when the course map might be updated. Wanted to see what the changes were like before driving out to the course.
By BeauRoch
Been trying to finalize it this week. Hopefully I can have it posted today or tomorrow.
Gene
By BeauRoch
New map has been uploaded to the Churchville page and onto the Churchville section of DiscGolfCourseReview.com.
Still need to update the Google Map.
Gene
By FishyMack
Sorry, I haven't been on the forums for some time or I would have helped at Churchville. Would someone please post when the pads are to be poured so I can help with that?
By BeauRoch
No cement at any of the Monroe County Parks courses:
Churchville
Ellison
Genesee Valley

Only flypads and only the Parks Dept. can install them.

The most help is needed at Chili right now. When we get to the start of July then all of the courses will start needing those "finishing touches".

You can figure on people working at Chili every weekend here on out so keep an eye on the forum for further details as they become available.

Gene
By BeauRoch
I should add that MCC needs alot of work as well and cement will be going in this year on that course along with its redesign.

Gene
By AJB
BeauRoch wrote:The most help is needed at Chili right now.

...really? I didn't think it looked that bad at all during the cookout. IMO we should be careful that we don't ignore Parma too much, being our hidden gem and all!
By Dave Thomas
MCC needs tthe most "TLC"....... IMO............Chili is in better shape than it was for the '99 Worlds!
By BeauRoch
MCC needs to dry well enough to get the cement tees put in and the re-design completed. Until then efforts are better spent at Chili unless somebody wants to organize a work day at another course.

This weekend is looking very promising. Perhaps one day at Chili and the other at Parma (or Ellison).

Gene
By BeauRoch
Dave,
Have there been any plans set up to get rid of the downed tree on #14 (Churchville)?

Also, a couple of the pines near the basket on #15 appear to have poison ivy growing on them. Can the park workers do anything about that? I believe if they at least cut the base vine it should kill everything above it.

Thanks,
Gene
By Dave Thomas
The last time I spoke with the park's foreman,Forrest,he mentioned that they were going to cut the trees.....the removal however is a different story.....we'll see.....as for the Poison Ivy,I will take care of it....Dave
By FishyMack
I kind of liked the downed tree at 14, adds a nice touch. Although it is hard to see the basket from the tee.

As for poison ivy - KILL IT!
By Dave Thomas
Fixed Basket #10 this morning as it was sticking half in and half out of the ground and nearly falling over.NOW the sleeve is even with the ground making it easy for the lawnmowers to go over it! Now #s 1-2-16-17 & 18 need the same thing to be done with them, as the sleeves are not even with the ground thus making it hazardous to the mowers and snowmobiles that also use the park.Please "Do not Shoot the Messenger" here...just making an observation....
By myoung
Played there yesterday and that #10 basket really stood out. Concrete was exposed and basket was leaning. Glad to hear it's fixed..really liked the changes to the course..Seen mention of dead trees and was wondering if the dead fallen tree on 15 by the ring of trees before the basket is going....
By Tony Inzana
Dave, is there anyway that you can help with those sleeves that are elevated? We are going to be there this weekend but working on the tee pads. So any help would be appreciated.
By Dave Thomas
All I can do at this point is mulch around the basket area to kind of crown the area........then the mowers will go around them.......the snowmobiles go on the east side of North Main Street (in the wintertime) and all baskets on that side are in compliance...I will also make sure that we have enough mulch built up so that the snowmobiles,when they go over the sleeves once the baskets are removed do not wipeout or damage the sleds or trail groomers.....then Monroe County Parks has to decide whether or not the baskets #'d 1-2-17 & 18 stay or come back to their original placements......It is up to them....
By Tony Inzana
That's fine Dave, we will take care of it and make sure that they are in compliance... Thanks
By Dave Thomas
I'll be mulching all baskets and also painting the 10 metre circles around each in the coming weeks....dt
By Tony Inzana
Thanks for doing that Dave !! WIll you keep the 10 metre circes maintained thru worlds?
By BeauRoch
For clarification, the special "turf" paint we bought is for any spray painting we need to do on any sidewalks, paths, parking lots, roads, etc.
It is more so we should only use it where we need to and the rest, i.e. 10m circles, can be done using the regular field marking spray paint.

Gene
By Dave Thomas
I have used "environmentally friendly" athletic paint for many,many years.....NO problems.......also Gene please PM me as I have all the info you need concerning all the sponsors of the Basil Marella DG Course! Just got the info yesterday.....Dave
By KingArv
...I'm honestly scared to go into hole 14 where the basket is...WAY TOO MUCH POISON IVY :(

Any chance someone who is not allergic could get rid of the "devil's vine" somehow for good for those of us who break out horribly? Or at least recommend some ulterior basket placement etc..., because for now I'm skipping that hole completely (would tape a penalty to skip it at doubles if I could).
Not worth the risk imo.

David

P.S. double chains and new rubber pads are great! wish I could have helped, I was gone this weekend to the Adirondacks.
By BeauRoch
Went to hole #14 basket armed with Poison Ivy killer. You are right David that it is all around the basket out there but I saturated it all pretty well so hopefully that will knock it down pretty well.
If somebody is going to be out there over the next few days, could they give a report on if it getting effectively wiped out or do I need to make another visit.

The course is really starting to look good. The whole course is mowed, especially around the #6 fairway. Fly pads look awesome. Great job on the numbering Jerami!

Gene
By myoung
heading out there tomorrow morning....will post how it looks at 14.
By ironleaf disc sports
course plays so much better now.......shot a 50 today...then even second time around...tee's make all the dif....13 and 15 are 2 of the best holes in rochester area....8 is pretty nasty too...i will b makin the drive often now....b4 redesign you couldent pay me to go out there.....
By rhand
Liam,

Glad to hear you like the changes. 15 is a great hole(Thanks Dave T)!

I've only heard positive comments about the new design as well as the tee's from everyone I've talked to and have seen out there.

Ryan
By myoung
Played Churchville this morning. Great job on the t-pads..Didn't look like the poison ivy spray on 14 had taken affect yet...Liam.. found your Voodoo in 18 basket..Not sure when I'll be in Rochester again.I'll be at the Shoot the Breeze in Ashtabula next weekend if anyone from your area will be there I can pass it on or the Finger Lakes open the week after that.

43rd Annual Rochester Flying Disc Open

Copyright © 2016 The Greater Rochester Disc Golf Club. All Rights Reserved.
Web Development by SiteSteward, Inc.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!