Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

2014 Women's League

Anything disc golf related in the Greater Rochester NY area

2014 Women's League

Postby NikkiD » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Lots of changes this year for Women's League -- hopefully all for the better! The format will be a 9-hole league at 2:00 on Saturdays. We're going to start up May 17th, the week after the Global Event. As always, this is open to all ages, all skill levels, no cost, and discs will be loaned to anyone who needs them. It's all about fun and spreading the disc-love! So tell your lady-friends, wives, sisters, grandmas... whoever :P

The course schedule is going to be monthly this year, as follows:

May- Parma
June- Chili
July- Ellison
August- Basil

Looking forward to a great year of golf! Any questions, feel free to contact me.
NikkiD

Name: Nikki DiSalvo
PDGA #:

Re: 2014 Women's League

Postby NikkiD » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 pm

Also, don't forget to sign up for the Greater Rochester Girls Gone Gonzo Women's Global Event -- May 10th. Registration is up at Disc Golf Scene here: https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/WGE_Greater_Rochester_Girls_Gone_Gonzo_2014/register. This is seriously going to be a blast; great CTP prizes and a funky fresh payout.

So do it. Now. For real. Go.
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Postby NikkiD » Thu May 15, 2014 3:24 pm

This Saturday will be our first (half) round of the year! Any ladies who come and haven't played in this league before will get something special from me, just for showing up! Depending on how turnout is this year, I'm planning on getting some clinics organized too. Thank you so very much to everyone who supports this effort to get more women out on the courses!
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Postby NikkiD » Thu May 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Last league week at Parma this Saturday -- 2pm tee-off. Moving on to Chili next weekend for the month of June. 8)
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Postby NikkiD » Thu Jun 5, 2014 9:12 am

Fun time last week and some great golf played at Parma. I love seeing players who don't come out too often improve drastically over the course of just one round with a few key tips -- the benefits of playing together :P

No league this Saturday as I will be in Maine joyfully playing in the Dragan Disc Golf Classic. We will return to your regularly scheduled programming 6/14 at Chili.
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Postby NikkiD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Just a quick reminder -- there is no Women's League tomorrow in light of the awesomeness that will be the Trilogy Challenge. See you all next week as we start our month of play at Ellison.
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Postby NikkiD » Fri Aug 1, 2014 11:12 pm

**Last minute announcement: league is cancelled for tomorrow. Sorry, it's tough because I don't have anyone else to run it for me when things come up, as they do. Game ON for next Saturday though (Basil).
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Postby NikkiD » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:51 pm

This Saturday, 8/30, is the final women's league of the season!! This is your last chance to come out and enjoy a half-round with some wonderful ladies and maybe even win some prizes. We'll be at Basil, 2pm tee-time.

I'm already thinking up some fun ideas for next year and I look forward to the league's continued growth!!
NikkiD

PDGA #:

Return to Disc Golf Talk