Women's League

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Swift's landing park palmyra

Course conditions, opinions and observations

Swift's landing park palmyra

Postby EDGC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:19 pm

The Erie Disc Golf Club, whose mission is to promote the sport of disc golf and develop a series of courses along the Erie canal system, has recently received approval from Wayne county and the town of Palmyra install a 9 hole course at Swift's Landing Park at 4100 Hogback Hill Rd, Palmyra, NY 14522. Cross Streets: Between CR-223 and Galloway Rd. This 9 hole course will appeal to beginners and experts alike with it's challenging and fun layout.
We are pleased to announce this to the disc golf community and let you know that since we already have approval the Erie Disc Golf Club is focusing on clearing out the holes this winter as well as fund raising so the course will be in by early may. I will be posting shortly the course description and layout (with pics) to give everybody and idea of what is being developed here. Please feel free to go to the park and check it out, all input is welcome. A document containing our sponsorship packages will also be posted shortly. We are very excited about this course and if you are too and want to help please contact the EDGC via facebook, eriediscgolfclubpalmyra@yahoo.com, clayton woodard at 585-683-1087, or post here.
EDGC

Name: erie disc golf club
PDGA #:

Re: Swift's landing park palmyra

Postby Brownguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 pm

i know where that is. Figures i leave Macedon and this happens!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The difference between stupidity and genius is stupidity has no lmits
Brownguy

Name: Bobby Jones
PDGA #:

Postby Johnny Flash » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am

I'm very happy to hear that you've finally recieved approval, what is the status of this course? How's momma and the little one faring i hope well. please let me know if there is anything i can do to help.
JOHNNY FLASH
Johnny Flash

Name: John Alloco
PDGA #: 25466

Postby Forehander » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 am

EDGC wrote: I will be posting shortly the course description and layout (with pics) to give everybody and idea of what is being developed here. A document containing our sponsorship packages will also be posted shortly.

Did these ever get posted anywhere?
Forehander

Name: Trevor
PDGA #:

Postby swade0103x » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

We are putting them together this week. Sorry about delay, been quite bogged down and was waiting for paperwork to be finalized (which is done now).
swade0103x

Name: wade
PDGA #:

Postby sjc1434 » Tue Nov 5, 2013 1:18 pm

Any idea when the baskets are going in?
sjc1434

Name: Cramb-Cracker
PDGA #: 48362

Postby Skippy » Tue Nov 5, 2013 10:51 pm

The course should be installed by spring of 2014. We have one more hole sponsor to sell. budgets have been tight this whole last year and every penny we get is going towards it. we have four $500 sponsors currently and with added cash from our account we havea total of $3,300, roughly, with a goal of $4,250 for total project completin. This includes concrete, sleeves, baskets, advertising and master locks. If anyone wants to sponsor one last basket, I'm sure the EDGC can cover the last pennies. Post here if your interested. Thank you!
Skippy

Name: Clayton Woodard
PDGA #:

Postby sjc1434 » Wed Nov 6, 2013 9:00 am

How much is the last hole sponsorship?
sjc1434

Name: Cramb-Cracker
PDGA #: 48362

Postby mcicotta » Wed Nov 6, 2013 10:45 am

I believe a hole sponsorship is $500, but I'm not completely sure. Did you play the charity tournament in October?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mcicotta

Name: mike
PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Wed Nov 6, 2013 2:05 pm

Correct, Mike. Five hundred will cover everything for a hole. We actually need more than one sponsor, but we have extra funds in our account to cover it. One last sponsor would just help with the purchase of the baskets. I believe there are three holes left with no names on them. So lets find one more sponsor!
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Well hello there.. :wave: this post has been sitting there bothering me for sometime now. Let me update you…

So a lot of you know that some club funds went missing through the hands of a assumed trusted friend. :x Eight hundred and seventy five dollars was lost. Epic. I'm telling you this because I don't believe secrets will lead to any form of success. If that money was not lost, this course would have been in the ground last fall. Our bank account is looking like a little over $2,910. Our goal is $3,200 and some change. Now, that only leaves us a little short of our goal… maybe $400 to cover everything. :)

In case a lot of you are wondering, yes, all your sponsorships are accounted for and also more accumulated through league, CTP's and memberships/disc sales. One other note: no, not all the holes were sponsored so if your are still interested in being that final sponsor to put a course in, get ahold of me.

i have already accepted a degree of out of pocket expenses, so, i'm hoping that $400 can look more like $100 with everyones help. :cheers:

Installation target date is the week of May 26th. Lets get this done people!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Skippy

PDGA #:

Return to Area Courses