Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

What is the best putter out there?

Discs, tips, bags, and baskets

What is the best putter out there?

Postby ratt@tat » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm still trying to find a go to putter, and just wanted to get the consensus on what is the straightest putter? - and what is the most popular putter among disc golfers?
ratt@tat

Name: rich cooper
PDGA #:

Re: What is the best putter out there?

Postby PL08 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Wizard... Wizard.
PL08

Name: Peter Lunstead
PDGA #: 48755

Postby mcicotta » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:44 am

Voodoo with a wizard on deck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mcicotta

Name: mike
PDGA #:

Postby Brownguy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am

Jay" Yeti" Redding but I dont think you can fit him in your bag. He be kinda big!
The difference between stupidity and genius is stupidity has no lmits
Brownguy

Name: Bobby Jones
PDGA #:

Postby awesomesauce » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:43 pm

His aviar, the yeti pro aviar is pretty awesome just switched over to it and like it better then any else I've tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
awesomesauce

Name: Dr. Killmore
PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Wizard !!!
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Postby Mudd Budd » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Really, there is no "best putter"

It is all in the feel- everyone's hands are different sizes and everyone has a tactile preference.

The best way to find your favorite putter would be to try a whole bunch of different ones.

You may like a bead on the putter, you may not- large/small diameter, depth... do you like a soft putter or a stiff one?

all these will be different for each person.. Also- your putting style will dictate whether you need a more overstable putter or not.

I am not saying that I am a good putter (because I am not) but many of the best putters in the world all use different discs- It is about feel
Mudd Budd

Name: Mike Drees
PDGA #: 52099

Postby MattF » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 pm

To each their own. I carry 5 putters in my bag, and all of them have a different use.

I've become a big putter player recently, but my go to is actually a classic Roc. People might argue this is an approach disc, but for me it feels the best in the hand. I keep two of them, because of how fast they break in. One that is flippy and will go straight and finish anhyzer if hucked, where as the other is newer and used for tight straight drives/slightly longer putts with narrow paths

I have a couple wizards, one really flexy that is my go to putter on a windy day or for shots where theres a high chance of roll away. The other is much stiffer and is perfect for slow hyzer drives/spike hyzer approach shots. The stiffer one also makes for a good emergency roller if you really get into a nasty spot near the basket. These are also my go to anhyzer putters.

And just the other day i picked up an EZE Mercy by latitude 64 that feels great in the hand. Not to soft, but not stiff. Plastic is pretty grippy and it has been amazing as my driver putter. If i put everything into it, it goes nice and straight and finishes with a slow anhyzer fade, but if toned down just slightly it will run a very long straight shot.

So really there isn't one best putter, but go to a shop and feel out a few and then give um a try. Luckily putters are pretty cheap and you can get a couple for the price of one other disc, and worst comes to worse, just trade it away for a different putter with one of your buds.

Good luck on your best putter quest :thumbup:
MattF

Name: Matt
PDGA #:

Postby D_Hastings » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Aviars are the most common putter used by the top pros...especially before some switched to prodigy.
Grip'nRip Discs
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 723&v=wall

ACERUNdg.com! check it!
D_Hastings

Name: Dan Hastings
PDGA #:

Postby Mudd Budd » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 pm

D_Hastings wrote:Aviars are the most common putter used by the top pros...especially before some switched to prodigy.

And even after
Mudd Budd

Name: Mike Drees
PDGA #: 52099

Return to Equipment & Technique