2014 New York State Events

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Driving For Dave Fundraiser Oct. 6th, 2013

Anything disc golf related in the Greater Rochester NY area

Driving For Dave Fundraiser Oct. 6th, 2013

Postby Skippy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Sorry to all of you for the late post (or the late GRDGC register on my part), but, here is the info for the Driving for Dave Fundraiser.

Some background first; Dave M. Gerken Jr.- lived Oct. 6th, 1986 - died Nov. 16th, 2012. Dave was a musician, a family man, a friend, a hard worker and above all, a disc golfer closely involved with the construction of the EDGC. He had a huge background knowledge of sports and was a great influence to install a course. The first time I told Dave that the Palmyra course was approved, we were to name it the Hog Tie Nine. Since his passing the name has changed to The DMG Jr. Memorial. I had the honor of knowing Dave and being his best friend for more than ten years, he was my brother. He only lived 3 houses down from me, so, you could imagine how close he was to me. The sudden loss of Dave took us all by surprise. Not only were we not ready for the news, but, his family would never be ready. No one could or ever can understand the financial stress and chaos of a tragedy like this.

This fundraiser is to hopefully raise enough money to reimburse the family of the cost of a headstone. There will be no payouts as it’s strictly a charity event. However, there will be some really great CTP’s, an ace pool, a longest drive and a putting competition held by Wade Stawicki.

Here’s the format; Singles with Pro and Am fields, four rounds at the Palmyra course (36 holes). We will move the alt. holes between rounds of 18 holes. There will be four CTPs, one for each division each round of 18 holes. Ace pool will cost $2 and we will hold a longest drive shootout after the round for $5 a disc or $10 for 3. Registration is $30 and includes a custom Discraft Disc. There are currently 17 people registered and only 45 spots to fill, so, preregister! Be there by 8am to register, if you haven’t. Players meeting at 8:45 and tee off by 9am. We are fine to run late on any schedule as we have rented the park for the whole day. We have a pavilion rented and there is charcoal grills so if anyone wants to grill up a quick meal between rounds or after you are welcome. There is plenty of parking and the park is well secluded. Swift’s Landing Park is an alcohol free park and also a carry-in carry-out park.

The EDGC has taken a lot of time to cleanup and remodel the park into a disc golf course and we have 5 of 9 holes sponsored with the intent of having it installed by spring. This is a great way to get out and see a new course on the east side and give your input and suggestion before permanent installation. Contact Wade or myself for more information or if you would like to make a donation or be a sponsor. We hope to see as many people as possible.

Right now:
Pro- Dan Traub
Am- Mike Cicotta, Mark Rosato, Chris Evans, Ed Bower, Jason Krohn, Brenton S., Wade Stawicki, Stephanie Allen, Jen G. (+1) Noel Ramage, Derek Savory, Nikki D., Mark Hayes, Melissa Hayes, Clayton Woodard
Attachments
DFDWeb_flyerS.jpg
Skippy

Name: Clayton Woodard
PDGA #:

Re: Driving For Dave Fundraiser Oct. 6th, 2013

Postby Skippy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:37 pm

We will also be raffling off a Discraft Tourney Bag full of goodies. Full of things like a plethora of discs, stickers, minis, towel, etc… Tickets will be $5 for 3 or $10 for 10 and are available now (find Clay, Wade or Mike C. for those tickets). CTPs will include a custom CTP trophy discs and other donated items like BEER, discs and other refreshments. Awards for longest drive and putting competition are still to be announced.

We also may need a few more baskets incase our lenders fall through. Here’s a list of who’s lending them out to our knowledge so far.

Mark Rosato - Discatcher sport
Mark Hayes - Discatcher sport
Clayton W. - Chainstar
Jason Krohn - DGA Mach light
Tony I. - 2 Baskets???
Dan Traub - 2 Baskets???
Wes Greco - 3 Baskets???

Mickey welling, Ryan Hand, do you two have any baskets?

Please post if you have a basket your willing to lend. If you see your name with ??? next to it, it means we've talked to you already. Please Confirm you are able and willing to lend.
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 am

Event is posted at discgolfscene.com/dfd2013
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:14 pm

I can at the very least lend you 2 baskets - hoping to be there but not 100% yet
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Postby PL08 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:20 am

Hey Guys,

You can borrow my two portables: Innova Traveler and DGA Mach Lite if you need them.

I DJ that day so I know I am not free.

Peter
PL08

Name: Peter Lunstead
PDGA #: 48755

Postby rhand » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Clayton,

I have baskets, but I'm working that day so if you have some way to get them and return them, they are yours to use. Let me know

Ryan
rhand

Name: Ryan Hand
PDGA #: 18846

Postby Tony Inzana » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 am

Clayton, sign me up for both my 2 baskets as well as playing in the Open division please :D
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Pete, ryan, tony thankyou all. I'll update the post as soon as I figure oulolt how.
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby zog9605 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 pm

I can bring my metal portable as well if I am not out of town...Am hoping to nail down the dates for that week tomorrow. I am going to try and be there as well. I have to play better than the RFDO....look out Tony..lol. Where are directions? I am over looking them I'm sure...
Go Big or Stay Home....its disc golf for cripes sake!
zog9605

Name: Mike Herzog
PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:25 am

Mike sounds great! Thank you everyone! We should have enough baskets by now, ill contact you all that friday or sat. before the event. Just so you all know the fundraiser & the palmyra course are registered on discgolfscene.com. Go check it out! 20 of 45 players registered, keep em' coming.
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Zog,
Ates you going to be able to make it? If so will you be able to bring your basket our will have to b pick it up. Ill be making a trip with a truck to pick all baskets up on sat.
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Doug Corea » Thu Oct 3, 2013 9:47 am

Clayton,

The DOG, aka, Doug Blighton and I would like to register for the event, #12164 and #304, please give us a couple of z Nukes (hopefully 167grams or less). Will pay the day of the event, hope to get there early to check out the course, most likely we will only play 18 holes.

Disc-gracefully,
Doug Corea
Doug Corea

Name: Doug Corea
PDGA #:

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Oct 3, 2013 10:35 am

Clay, I'm in for this, looks like registration is closed I'll pay day of, if you need any more baskets I have a Mach Lite you can use.
cubeofsoup

Name: Tom Kent
PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 4, 2013 11:05 pm

Real quick everyone, Directions! From rt. 31 east and west, once you hit Palmyra look for rt. 21 south. 21 south will be near a rite-aid store and breen's grocery store. You will cross two bridges, a large steel bridge over the canal and then quickly a large concrete bridge over some railroad tracks. As soon as you are over the bridges, N. Creek rd. will be on your right (you will see the Bridge Pub on the corner). Stay on n. creek around the tight bend left and head out 2-3 miles. you will pass a rd. on your left (the only left turn before hogback hill rd.) and then hogback hill rd. will be on your right soon after. hogback hill rd. goes steeply down a hill and crosses railroad tracks then a small steel deck bridge over a creek. make the bend and the park is on your left.

Very simple and is only about 5-10 minutes from town depending on how heavy your foot is. I'm super excited to see you all there! Call me if you need extra help finding the place. See you all sunday morning!

Clay (585) 683-1087
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 4, 2013 11:07 pm

Doug, Doug and tom,

sry didnt see you posted before my directions. Doug/s i only have mildly heavy weights hope it's ok. i got you all see you there guys!
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 4, 2013 11:30 pm

14 spots left.

Registered So far:

Pro side:
Tony Inzana
Dan Traub
Liam Moore
Mike Herzog??

Am side:
Clayton W.
Stephanie A.
Mike Cicotta
Mark Rosato
Chris Evans
Missy Hayes
Mark Hayes
Tom kent
Doug Corea
Doug B
Derek Savory
Nikki D
Jeff Bussom
Kieron Bussom
Jennifer Gerken
Aaron
Cody Frank
Wade S
Gene Beaumont
Jason Krohn
Brenton Shepardson
Dave Smith
Torin Smith
Ed Bower
Noel Ramage
Dan Hilliker

If you're on AM side and prefer to be on Pro side, let us know here or at the event. btw, WHERE ARE ALL THE PROS AT!?
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby krohn29 » Sat Oct 5, 2013 12:31 am

Both Doug are pro's... Corea and B.
krohn29

Name: Jason Krohn
PDGA #: 47440

Postby zog9605 » Sat Oct 5, 2013 11:56 am

Well I want to play but with Max needing the car for work, I am wondering if any one can carpool me from the thruway & 390? If so text me @ 261-1581. I am working tonight so I may not get back to you right away but will confirm late tonight if thats alright. I also can bring my basket provided the carpooler has the room....I'm waiting to hear back from Corea and Dog, so this may be a moot point....never the less, hope to be there tomorrow...

p.s. Isn't it easier to just take a left off 31 @ Galloway and then another left onto Hogback, then right into the park???
zog9605

PDGA #:

Postby zog9605 » Sat Oct 5, 2013 11:57 am

Well I want to play but with Max needing the car for work, I am wondering if any one can carpool me from the thruway & 390? If so text me @ 261-1581. I am working tonight so I may not get back to you right away but will confirm late tonight if thats alright. I also can bring my basket provided the carpooler has the room....I'm waiting to hear back from Corea and Dog, so this may be a moot point....never the less, hope to be there tomorrow...

p.s. Isn't it easier to just take a left off 31 @ Galloway and then another left onto Hogback, then right into the park???
zog9605

PDGA #:

Postby zog9605 » Sat Oct 5, 2013 11:59 am

zog9605

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Sat Oct 5, 2013 12:11 pm

it's definitely easier to go that way if you're coming 31 west from the east side. If your coming from Rochester it's easier to follow the directions I gave originally. From 104 you can go 21 north til you hit n. creek too, then follow the original directions.
Skippy

PDGA #:

Postby Skippy » Sat Oct 5, 2013 12:12 pm

it's definitely easier to go that way if you're coming 31 west from the east side. If your coming from Rochester it's easier to follow the directions I gave originally. From 104 you can go 21 north til you hit n. creek too, then follow the original directions.
Skippy

PDGA #:

Return to Disc Golf Talk