Gonzo Doubles

Sat

2:00p

Women's League

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Do The DECENT Thing People....call the # on the disc

You found a disc? Post it here! Karma will reward you...

Do The DECENT Thing People....call the # on the disc

Postby ElvishTrampStamp » Wed Aug 7, 2013 10:02 pm

Not that I have quams about buying plastic from the shop but I think if you called me to say someone brought my disc to your store instead of calling me to pick it up & I can retrieve it from Greece, for any amount of $$ is absurd & definitely worth a beating for the asshole who dropped it there instead of returning it to me. Good karma goes a long way in the DG community. Anyone who has either returned or had a disc returned usually offers up some kind of reward or even a 'hi five' (drees) which is over & above the satisfaction you get from not stealing a $15 piece of plastic. :crazy: :crazy: :thumbdown:
vinegar strokes
ElvishTrampStamp

Name: N.Day
PDGA #: 51830

Re: Do The DECENT Thing People....call the # on the disc

Postby Stairyo » Thu Aug 8, 2013 8:27 am

Totally agree about calling the number. That's day one stuff. Basic human decency. And you shouldn't expect to get paid for returning a disc, cause you know you are going to lose one at some point yourself. However, it is clear to me after years playing that there is a huge D-Bag population out there (>50%) who simply skipped that lesson on Sesame Street...and they are never going to change.

So...if $2 gets them to actually stop into the shop and bring back discs with numbers...I say it's better than nothing. But I doubt it will be effective. I suspect these folks will just use the $10-$18 plastic instead of trading it for $2 toward other $10-$18 plastic.

I suggest taking photos of those who bring in inked discs - without attempting to contact the owner first - and post them on a Kick-Ass-On-Sight website.
PDGA #50292
Stairyo

Name: Alistair Davis
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Thu Aug 8, 2013 2:42 pm

Even though I'm the one who is implementing the "trade in found discs" service at the shop I agree that everyone should just call the owners of the disc. Many ppl have asked me if I take in used or lost and found discs in the store. It got to the point where I figured I would start doing it since so many people were saying I should. I looked into other shop's that do it and some have hundreds to thousands of discs being brought in for store credit. I have not yet had one disc brought in and doubt anyone will actually do it so don't worry about it. Just thought since other shop's have success with it and so many ppl were interested in it then why not. Most ppl around here would rather just keep the disc and the ones that will return it call the owners right away it seems.

So anyway, if you want just trade in your used stuff at the shop which will most likely consist of other ppl's discs you have found lol, and then I'll call the disc's owner. Most ppl on this forum return discs to the owners I would think. It's the new players and one disc guys that are the ones mostly keeping the discs.
Neighborhood

Name: Ryan
PDGA #:

Postby Beamer » Thu Aug 8, 2013 5:57 pm

Lol - I found this amusing.

I just got a callback from a disc I lost at Genesee Valley summer league a couple years ago. Lost in the water.

Anyway, the voice mail said (something along the lines of) "I found your disc at Genesee Valley in the water, figured you may want it. $10-$15 to get it back".

Classic!
PDGA# 51672
Beamer

Name: Tim Beam
PDGA #:

Postby ronbo » Fri Aug 9, 2013 9:22 am

Tim, you need to call him back and tell him yea sure i'll give you money for it back. Then we can show up with a little group of us and see what happens.
ronbo

Name: Ron Arena
PDGA #:

Postby Mudd Budd » Fri Aug 9, 2013 2:42 pm

The worst thing is when someone picks up your disc with ACE writing all over it and a phone number and doesn't call=
Mudd Budd

Name: Mike Drees
PDGA #: 52099

Postby zach morrison » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:54 am

had someone find one of my discs at chili and was gonna meet up with me at parma a couple weeks back,was finishing hole 16 when the person text me saying he left it on the tire of my truck. by the time my buddys and i finished got to the car it was gone. im sure its not a king that i will ever get back or it propablly ended up in the shop or a shop.name and number was on it and punks grabbed it and took off. hope i dont catch them out there throwing it. karma will come to u
zach morrison

Name: zach
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 am

Never had anyone turn in a king here but now I'll let you know if one comes in. They probably just took it to use.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby reksav » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:05 pm

I've had a second disc returned to me that were purchased used from Neighborhood. The discs were bought and then lost by someone, then found by someone that knows me and returned to me. Upon contacting the new contact information and investigating, they indeed did lose the disc, and were under the impression that it was theirs.

Ryan, if it's a personal thing, Karma will take care of you. If it was an accident, get out of the used disc business. If I was lied to, by two different reputable people with quite a bit to lose with the same stories, I'd be very surprised.
reksav

Name: Derek Savory
PDGA #:

Postby FatKid » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm impressed
Jerami
FatKid

Name: FatKid
PDGA #:

Postby Mudd Budd » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:27 pm

I live for forum drama!

about time people. Bring back DT just for laughs hahahahha
Mudd Budd

Postby Mudd Budd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:41 am

If you find a disc, call the #

seems easy enough.

-Drees
Last edited by Mudd Budd on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudd Budd

Postby reksav » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 am

Posted it to inform people, not for drama. If drama was intended I'd have continued and posted much more sketchy behavior.
reksav

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Wait what that was kind of confusing Derek. , So discs were returned to you that were yours? that I sold? Not sure if that's what you meant?. I've sold like ten used discs out of the store ever. Numbers were called and the people didn't respond. None of them had other numbers on them that were inked out or wiped off contact info (you can tell because the ink doesn't come off all the way). most were dx or pro plastic junk discs that some guy traded in to the store. None of them were lat 64 or any good plastic types either. Explain this better and we can figure it out.

Lot's of shops take in and sell tons of discs every year with out problems. I get in ten and get rid of them and people bitch. How Ironic. lol.

You could just call/text me about it.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby reksav » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:18 pm

The disc was lost by me at chili, the disc was found by someone and sold/turned in to your shop. The disc was then sold, I was never called, the purchaser inked it and lost ir at Parma. It was found by another person and returned to me since they saw the faded ink that was attempted to be wiped. I spoke with the new inker and was informed it was purchased from you. He didn't know it was used or that it belonged to someone else. I was contacted by someone that spoke for his character. Both of these people are held in high regard in our community that have no reason what so ever to bullshit around. If those people wish to make themselves known they can, but that's not my place.

Shady.
reksav

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Derek, if one of your discs came in with your name and number I would for sure text you and let you know. What were the two discs? All I've ever had in here was a few dx valk's, beast's and other junky discs. one or two were champion but they didn't have your info on them and the numbers were called. When ever I find a disc when out playing I call the number and I like to have that karma for when people return my discs. All I can say is that I didn't have your discs knowingly. Did you ever think maybe your info was wiped or marked over when in came in to my shop.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby reksav » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:16 pm

The first was a blue champion valk, the latest was a goldline havoc. Sure they could have been wiped by the person that brought them to you, that makes no difference since they were obviously still legible. All I'm say is it's shady and bullshit.
reksav

PDGA #:

Postby FatKid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Hey Sal, How come they ain't no brothas on the wall?
Attachments
image.jpg
Jerami
FatKid

Name: FatKid
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 pm

reksav wrote:The first was a blue champion valk, the latest was a goldline havoc. Sure they could have been wiped by the person that brought them to you, that makes no difference since they were obviously still legible. All I'm say is it's shady and bullshit.

I agree with you that is shady and bullshit. I do not believe I had either of those discs. Well actually I know I didn't because if you could still see your name on them I would have given them to you. I've returned many discs to people and I enjoy giving them back. Even though we've had our differences in the past with tournaments I wouldn't sell your discs.

From now on I'm not taking used discs in to avoid another mix up like this. I apologize to the people that had to read this drama nonsense that doesn't need to be cluttering the forum.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby TCampbell » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Play it Again sells used discs with numbers on them, just sayin...
TCampbell

Name: Tim Campbell
PDGA #: 30251

Return to Lost & Found