Postby Brownguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

To many horse trails and horses.
The difference between stupidity and genius is stupidity has no lmits
Brownguy

Name: Bobby Jones
PDGA #:

Re: Monroe County Parks Update

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 7, 2013 11:51 am

Y'all seen the thread about looking for input/interest? There is land and $ available in Ontario (old landfill). I just walked the land with Ray Sanger & Doug Corea this past week. Not sure how realistic it might be, but imagine having a great, 18 hole course just 10 minutes down the road from Webster...SWEET!
Dave T

Name: David Tinnes
PDGA #:

Postby Bobby Jones' Nephew » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:51 am

I think a course in Ontario would be sweet. I have to go visit the landfill again to see what kind of course would work in there but if we could figure something out I would be willing to help out. We definitely need some more east side courses. Also, every time I drive by webster park I feel like it would be an awesome location for a course. Open, wooded, elevation, it seems to have it all.
Bobby Jones' Nephew

Name: Brandon
PDGA #:

Postby ratt@tat » Tue Jun 4, 2013 6:15 am

What about GENESEE VALLEY PARK? Everyone seemed to like that course when it was there.
ratt@tat

Name: rich cooper
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Tue Jun 4, 2013 6:45 am

Sadly, GVP will not be restored for the foreseeable future. We were allowed to put it there for AM Worlds and were hoping it may be able to stay once in the ground but the Parks Dept. said to pull it. The sleeves are still there but the baskets and flypads have all gone to The Apple Farm course in Victor.

Gene
BeauRoch

Name: Gene Beaumont
PDGA #:

Postby VoodooFarmer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:59 am

Durand would be a beautiful course. It's not as busy as people think. Yes there is a golf course, but that's only about half the park. There's some beautiful hills, valleys and open fields with more than enough room to fit a course in and still maintain the parks feel. They're doing a lot at the park now to update it if I'm not mistaken. What a perfect time to add a course.
VoodooFarmer

Name: Jeffrey Blackmer
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:54 am

The biggest problem with Durand was parking and even though there is a ton of parking on the lake side you can't have people crossing back and forth over that road to get to the course. It is doubtful that any course would be near the golf course that is there now so that takes away that parking option.

Gene
BeauRoch

Name: Gene Beaumont
PDGA #:

Postby VoodooFarmer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I still think Durand Eastman would be a great place for a course. There are bathrooms there. Parking is also not really an issue. There are a ton of places to park in the park, or one could park across at the beach. If your playing to get exercise, that shouldn't be an issue. Its a BEAUTIFUL park with lots of hills and valleys. Perfect for an amazing course. I urge a reconsideration. Lets get people out there the take a good look at the place!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
VoodooFarmer

Name: Jeffrey Blackmer
PDGA #:

Previous

Return to Area Courses