Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

The Spartan

Course conditions, opinions and observations

The Spartan

Postby Dissced » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 am

I had the pleasure of playing "The Spartan" yesterday it's terrific. The views are some of the best around, the land is a gem, the rolling knobs are pure Upstate NY. The course was litter free, as it should be, I hope everyone continues to respect this course and others. On a windless day this course is defenseless, but I'm sure yesterday was an anomaly and on days when the wind is blowing it will be a bear. Congratulations on getting this course in, can't wait for the wooded portion to be developed and for the course to mature. Great work dudes!
Dissced

Name: Doug Westfall
PDGA #:

Re: The Spartan

Postby DBRice » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 am

Hey Doug,
Glad you could come out here and play it. We still have a lot to do. Trees to plant, hazzards, tweaking tee and basket positions etc. The wind here can be difficult but it's been calm the last few days and even dudes like me can score well so you are right about that. We do have alternate baskets positions too but won't make them permanent until next spring. We need guys like you and the rest to provide feed back like this. Keep in mind the Advanced/Pro course won't be as forgiving. The Spartan Course is for the "Population" to enjoy but can be setup for a challenge when the time comes.
Thanks for bookin out here to try it!

Get on the mailing list by sending your email to me

Dan Rice
585 465-9868
danrice@rochester.rr.com
DBRice

Name: Dan Rice
PDGA #:

Re: The Spartan

Postby Tony Inzana » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Taking advantage of an early day of work. Going out now for my 1st round at the Apple Farm on the Spartan course !!! Can't wait !!!
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Return to Area Courses