2014 New York State Events

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

New Disc Golf shop

Anything disc golf related in the Greater Rochester NY area

New Disc Golf shop

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 5, 2012 11:35 pm

Some of you might have already heard talk of the shop opening up, but now Ryan has an official date set.
Ryan will hop on here to answer any questions/comments you might have.

Also if you're going to the RFDO (and you all should be), he'll have a table set up to vend some sweet merch.

Neighborhood Skateboards and Disc Golf
2892 Dewey Ave, Rochester NY 14616

Full size flyer:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9677/flyersmg.jpg
Andy

Name: Andy Dorofy
PDGA #:

Re: New Disc Golf shop

Postby Neighborhood » Wed Aug 8, 2012 2:43 pm

For the grand opening any disc golf purchase over 20$ get's a free mini with a Neighborhood shop stamp on it. Come in any day next week and check out the store and buy some tickets for a product raffle that will be drawn from at the grand opening on the 18th.

Sunday the 19th we are holding a Indoor putting contest in the shop. The top 3 or 4 people will face off on a basket in the back parking lot. It's 5$ to enter and there will be pay out in store credit for top 3 places. Post your name on here if you think you can make it for the putting contest.

I'll have a tent set up at the RFDO with a lot of variety of discs, shirts, and bags. Multiple disc purchases get's you discounts in store and at the vendor tent. Product raffle at the RFDO also.

We are looking to build a team and sponsor a lucky few talented Rochester players. We will be looking at players that place well in the RFDO and other tournaments, singles and doubles league will be considered too. Sponsorships include free merch, some tournament fees, and store discounts etc.
Neighborhood

Name: Ryan
PDGA #:

Postby Mee » Wed Aug 8, 2012 9:07 pm

Count me in
Mee

Name: Me
PDGA #:

Postby Baker » Thu Aug 9, 2012 10:11 pm

wow that sounds awesome dude, i will be there
F--k it. I'm throwing it downfield, Sexy Rexy’s got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.
Baker

Name: Jake
PDGA #:

Postby Andy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Shop opened up today! Lots of good discs in stock with more coming soon.
You can also grab Club memberships in-store, in addition to other apparel, stickers, minis, whatever.

Look for flyers around the local courses and don't forget about the Grand Opening this Saturday the 18th!
Andy

PDGA #:

Postby Nived » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 am

What are the store hours? I'll be down to check it out sometime this week. :D
Nived

Name: Devin Woodward
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 am

Mon-Fri 11am- 8pm. Sat 11-7pm. Sun 11-5pm. This Saturday for the Grand Opening it will be open 10am- 9pm
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby glock1800 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 am

Very excited to hear this. Can't wait to check out and support the store!
glock1800

Name: Bruce
PDGA #:

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Andy

PDGA #:

Postby absolut watkins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Sounds awesome.... what time are these events taking place?
absolut watkins

Name: rick w
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Putting compitition on Saturday at 2pm in the shop, 5 dollars to enter. Same time on Sunday I'll do another one if people are interested or can't make it Saturday. Product raffle is going on Saturday and Sunday. I'll draw tickets Sunday and call up the winners. We have a good amount of tickets sold and need another 150 to give away a basket like we did at the RFDO. If the goal is not reached then there will be multiple winners of bags, shirts, and discs. Hope to see a lot of people stop in!
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Nived » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I stopped at the store a little after 6pm today and it was closed. :( Maybe I'll try again tomorrow or Saturday.
Nived

Name: Devin Woodward
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Nived wrote:I stopped at the store a little after 6pm today and it was closed. :( Maybe I'll try again tomorrow or Saturday.

Sorry about that. I closed at 6 today because I needed to take care of something. I haven't gotten much business after 6pm since I've opened on Monday. I thought no one would stop by. The store will be open until 8 from now on. Come by tomorrow or Saturday and I'll give you a free mini or a deal on some discs.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Don't forget to stop in the shop tomorrow for the putting contest at two oclock!!

Free mini's with purchases, and discounts on merchandise.

Make sure you buy some tickets for the product raffle.

5 to 10 winners depending on ticket sale results. Discs, bags, Shirts and other merch for prizes!!!
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Fri Sep 7, 2012 1:08 pm

Lot's of stuff in from Huk Lab! Shirts, Hats, Chairs, Discs, And some awesome mini's.

Still have a bit of RFDO Stamped Discs if some of you don't have one for your wall or bag.

The new Dominator will be in stock here at the shop around 9/13. Don't miss out on getting a 1st run Star Stamp! Champion and blizzard plastic also available.

Even if you don't want to buy any new discs come on in and check out the shop!

We ware planning a sanctioned tournament series for next year! Would also like to raise money for new course development in the future. Shortly we will be announcing a lucky few that will be receiving sponsorships from the shop. Looking to sponsor some Intermediate players too so get out there and play some tournaments! Don't forget to sign up for the basil tournament on October 6th, drop by the shop and sign up. Free shirts to all Am's!
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby FishyMack » Fri Sep 7, 2012 3:22 pm

I never heard about this new shop until this moment when I saw this thread. I bought a new Buzzz yesterday at Play It Again Sports for the Buzzz-Off One Disc Challenge at Parma on Sept. 23 at 10:00 AM. I will be sure to check out Ryan's new store the next time I drive up to the City. What are the hours?
FishyMack

Name: Alan Mack
PDGA #:

Postby AJB » Fri Sep 7, 2012 6:38 pm

FishyMack wrote:I will be sure to check out Ryan's new store the next time I drive up to the City. What are the hours?

Neighborhood wrote:Mon-Fri 11am- 8pm. Sat 11-7pm. Sun 11-5pm.

:thumbup:
AJB

Name: Adam Brennan
PDGA #: 34792

Postby FishyMack » Sat Sep 8, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks, Adam.
FishyMack

Name: Alan Mack
PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Dominators now in stock!! First Run star stamped champion plastic, regular champion plastic, and blizzard plastic. Come in and get a first run star stamped before they are all gone!
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Foot Long » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Today I decided to swing in to Neighborhood on my lunch break and see the new local shop.

Walking in the door the sounds of kick flips and skateboard wheels echoed throughout the shop. Very cool even if your not into the boarding scene.

Moving further into the store, your greated by a smiling and familiar face, ready and willing to assist you as you scan the shop walls.

Looking to your right you notice a HUGE selection of all of the top, name brand discs. (Not to mention some rarities that are sure to please the avid disc golfer.)

"A kid in a candy store" would probably be the best description of the feeling that overcame me.

To your left you would see a similar view, but instead of Discs the wall is adorned with another generous selection of skateboards and parts to surely make any skater drool with excitement.

Great Selections, Great Prices, and Great Customer service.

Congrats Ryan, and I wish you the best with you new found establishment.

Happy Hurling,

John

P.S. Get that finger taken care of, OUCH!
Foot Long

Name: John Frank
PDGA #:

Postby Tmart » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:18 am

Does the shop have a website yet? I'm interested in their prices but it's on the other side of the city so I can't just stop by and check it out. Anyone know what champion plastic goes for there? Also, do they carry discmania?
Tmart

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 am

Tmart wrote:Does the shop have a website yet? I'm interested in their prices but it's on the other side of the city so I can't just stop by and check it out. Anyone know what champion plastic goes for there? Also, do they carry discmania?

No website yet but it's coming soon. We have the biggest selection in Rochester and yes we have discmania. If you have been to the deli by Ellison our prices are about the same if not a little bit cheaper on certain types of discs and plastics. You should come by and play basil and stop by the shop (it's about 2 miles from basil).

Here's the facebook page if you want to see what the shop looks like and if you check the merchandise photo album out it shows a lot of stuff that we get in stock. Don't forget to "like" the page!
http://www.facebook.com/neighborhoodshop
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Tmart » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am

Sweet, ill have to come by and pick up a gremlin this weekend.
Tmart

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 am

We just got in a ton of the brand new Titanium Nukes, wasps, force, and stalkers.

Also just got in about 15 Esp Flex Challengers in multiple colors and weights.

Also about 20 pro-d and super soft bangers in multiple colors and weights. The challengers and bangers are actually the best selling disc in the shop right now so just thought I'd mention that we are restocked.

Still have a good amount of first run Dominators in stock. Dynamic Discs and Martial Street are selling these for 20$. Stop in the shop and get yours for only 17$!!

The new shop shirts have arrived too! Dry fits in 4 different colors, Two colors for dry fit polo's, 3 colors for tye dye's, 3 colors for graffiti logo cotton shirts and hoody's. (Long sleeves. button ups, towels, and hats all coming soon!) For the price and quality the new shop clothing is the way to go. Significantly cheaper and the quality is on par. Stop in and see for your self!

Hope to see a lot of you at the Basil Tournament! It would be awesome to see a packed course to give us practice on running a big tournament as smoothly as possible. Need to get ready for next years monthly sanctioned tournament series that Derek and I will be working together on.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 pm

This Friday we are running a sale for Black Friday.

15% Off All complete skateboards and longboards

15% Off all Skate and Disc golf clothing.

10% Off Disc golf purchases of 3 discs or more. 15% off 5 discs or more.

Innova baskets 20 dollars off MSRP.

Winter hours are 12-7pm Mon-Sat. Sundays- Closed
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Neighborhood » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:36 pm

Christmas is coming up and you know someone that loves Disc golf but you don't know what discs they want!

Stop in the shop and get them a Neighborhood Disc Golf Gift Card so they can pick out exactly what they want from the biggest selection of Disc Golf Products in Rochester!!!

All Gateway discs are two dollars off this month.

Buy a disc and any piece of clothing over 15$ and get 10% off total purchase.

Neighborhood website soon to come and the next course video in our series should be dropping soon. The Chili course.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby ELItheICEman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm

What are your REAL hours right now? I have to ask because every time I've tried to go the shop is closed and dark. I tried tonight, got there at 5. Closed. Everywhere I look says open til 7 on weekdays, so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing something obvious.

I don't like to complain, but come on. If you're going to close up shop so early then why not change your hours of operation to something you're able to stick to?
ELItheICEman

Name: Chris
PDGA #:

Postby Mudd Budd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Dear Skippy,

Your post seems better suited for a private message.

I'm not one to point out etiquette flaws, but come on.

-mike
Mudd Budd

Name: Mike Drees
PDGA #: 52099

Postby Neighborhood » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Sorry for the inconvence. The shop is operated by only myself and sometimes I can't be there all the time 6 days a week and 7 days in the dg season. These winter months business is pretty dead too so I can't hire someone at the moment. Most costumers message me on Facebook or call the shop before stopping by if it's later in the day. In the spring/summer the store will be closed many Saturdays for tournamnets, and for some league nights. I will post on Facebook and on this thread when I am closing for events. Again sorry for the inconvence and if you can make it again I will make it up to you on your purchase.
Neighborhood

PDGA #:

Postby Sythie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 pm

I just tried to "like" your post Mike.... This isn't FB... dammit.
Sythie

Name: Matt Forsythe
PDGA #: 47259

Next

Return to Disc Golf Talk