No doubt a Tourney is hard to run and there is a ton of work for everyone involved. Im thankful we have all of these fine patrons of the sport to make these things possible.
I say this solely to prevent future issues as stated in this thread...
The more information a person has about any type of event the least likely they are to have any qualms about it. Issues with the player packs and payouts could have been avoided if details were presented at the time of the event was announced. (e.g. All players will be recieving a Towel, Mini,and Glow Disc, with registration. Or... Prizes for AM's include Gift Vouchers / Plastic / whatever, you get my point. A generalized statement like Fat Player Packs can mean many different things to many different people.)
Here's a lil ditty having to do with the Gift Vouchers which seem to be frustrating the heck out of people that have recieved them.
Dave Feldberg: "These Vouchers can be Redeemed at VoodooDiscGolf.com, In a few More weeks there will be new products announced." Sounds Simple, you go online, place some products in your cart and check out.
- You go online, place some products in your cart that you don't really want because they are sold out of everything you originally would have like to have purchased.
- You try to checkout but there is no field to redeem your coupon....hmmm what now.
- You contact VIA email as to what your supposed to do to redeem the voucher. The person mails back saying call this number and place your order over the phone.
- You Calland talk to a very nice representative who has no concept of what certain types of discs or plastics they offer so for the next 15minutes you have them read each disc and type of plastic they have in stock. Yay you found somthing you sort of wanted!
- Now you say "I'll get a water bottle and use the rest of the voucher towards shipping."
- Boom, your done ordering.... $45 for a water bottle and disc, shipping not included.
"Wait....What's that...? What do you mean I can't use the voucher toward shipping. Fine, heres my credit card and Address just ship the order already."
- You now substitute a hat for a water bottle since you have to pay for shipping anyway..
- The next 15 Minutes were just as joyous. You actually stopped telling the person where to ship the order to because by the 10th time they had it memorized.
- 45 Minutes and $59.72 you now have a hat that doesn't fit and a frisbee you'll probably never throw.
This was the actual encounter I was so proudly part of this morning. I hope you all enjoyed and wish you better luck than I.
I say all of this in good spirits with a smile on my face,
Last edited by Foot Long
on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.