Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

MCC Update

Course conditions, opinions and observations

MCC Update

Postby rhand » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 pm

I want to thank everyone that made it out to MCC this past weekend!

Thanks to the hard work of numerous people we were able to get all 18 tees done in record time (we were done at 9:45). Pretty awesome what we can accomplish with numbers at a work day!

I personally want to thank Doug Blighton for his hard work and dedication to course improvements. We truly would not have gotten this done if not for all his work. I also want to thank Jim Hastings and Steve Apton for their continued support and for coming out of the wood work to help! Another big shoutout to Nikki for being an overall awesome lady in our sport and busting her butt to get this done. Everyone else that made it out...you know who you are, you each made this possible and I thank you! Especially all those that made it out for the awful poison ivy day! Also need to mention Craig Rand from MCC for working with our club and helping us all along the way.

I had the opportunity to get out there Sunday and play a round and I must say how much fun it was. I hope all of you get the chance to get out there soon. It is like a new course.

Unfortunately we shouldn't stop here. I plan on having the club finals again at MCC this year and my hope is for the course to look as good as ever. We will have a posted work day soon to remove the frames and finish grading the tee pads as well as some other cool side projects to make this course even better.

I end this with a thought for all of you. We were able to complete 18 tee pads in less than 3 hours thanks to everyone that made it out. Imagine now that we have those numbers every work day or even every other. Imagine what we could do. We could accomplish so much more. I encourage all of you to make some time to work on not only this course, but all of ours. Need ideas of what to do, just shoot me a pm.

Thanks again to all that helped, not only this weekend, but the ones leading up to it as well.

See everyone out on the course.

Ryan
rhand

Name: Ryan Hand
PDGA #: 18846

Re: MCC Update

Postby jamie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 am

thanks to everyone who was able to make it out and help! i wish i could be more helpful, but saturdays seem to be tough for me. anyway much thanks for getting thing accomplished, its very much appreciated!!!!!!
jamie

PDGA #:

Return to Area Courses