Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Chili DGC Conditions

Course conditions, opinions and observations

Re: Chili DGC Conditions

Postby up_a_tree » Fri May 13, 2011 11:44 am

I still like; Bakers Farm Disc Golf Course, at Widener Park, in Chili. It may not be the majorities feeling, but I like it, lol.

No matter what anyone calls it, it is a great course. Except the pond behind #7's basket that ate my Panther!
up_a_tree

Name: Keith Davis
PDGA #:

Postby Nived » Fri Aug 5, 2011 12:03 am

There is a large bee's nest in a tree on hole #18. There is a group of 4 pine trees about halfway to the basket, the nest is on the back side (toward the basket) hanging on one of the trees.

Be careful there. Someone should probably get rid of it. If you need a better description of where it is, let me know.
Nived

Name: Devin Woodward
PDGA #: 65399

Postby walker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Played Chili yesterday. The lack of snow and the sunny weather are making for stellar spring conditions. It is usually very soggy/muddy this time of year, but it really wasn't bad at all.

Hole 2's fairway was squishy, and basket three was a mud pit. Other then that it was pretty much dry. 911 on the right side the town uses to store various materials, the 'soup du jour' seems to be mulch. The deep mud and run off water isn't a problem now.
walker pdga #35267
http://love146.org
walker

Name: walker
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Sun Apr 8, 2012 12:33 pm

Played Chili this morning and the course is pretty good shape though it looks like somebody took the tee sign on #11 (it is not on the post and couldn't find it anywhere nearby) and did some damage to #15 tee sign (nearly pulled off post, it is hanging upside-down due to the top screw has been pulled out).

Perhaps the screws on the signs can be replaced with much longer ones or even bolts.

Gene
BeauRoch

Name: Gene Beaumont
PDGA #:

Postby FatKid » Sun Apr 8, 2012 6:04 pm

15 sign has been a problem a few times now, I have replace with longer screws and washers before, but the wind tunnel through there rips it off. 17 has been replaced a few times as well. 11 missing is a problem though, I have never noticed that sign loose before... Some better hardware should be used, much like on the signs @ Basil.
Jerami
FatKid

Name: FatKid
PDGA #:

Postby reksav » Sun Apr 8, 2012 6:30 pm

Use carriage bolts all the way through the 4x4, throw a nut on it and then use a hack saw or pliers to mess up the threads. It'd take quite a bit of work to get those off.
reksav

Name: Derek Savory
PDGA #:

Postby july4 » Mon Apr 9, 2012 8:36 pm

Chili looked really nice . Someone has been working on some on the inverted bunkers.trees alittle taller and there was wind....dry mostly.
A2
july4

Name: Andy Austin
PDGA #:

Postby Nived » Mon Jul 9, 2012 10:07 pm

There is a bee nest in the first tree to the left of #11's tee. Be careful passing by. They seem pretty aggressive.

I threw one of my discs right into that tree today and it stuck about a foot from the nest. Special thanks to Sean Young for knocking my disc down and retrieving it. :clap:
Nived

Name: Devin Woodward
PDGA #: 65399

Postby mpieri » Sat Jun 1, 2013 3:24 pm

Chili currently is a big hairy mess!!
mpieri

Name: michael pieri
PDGA #:

Postby Forehander » Mon Jun 3, 2013 4:52 pm

mpieri wrote:Chili currently is a big hairy mess!!

Like it hasn't been mowed?
Forehander

Name: Trevor
PDGA #:

Postby Stairyo » Tue Jun 4, 2013 8:27 am

I played on Sunday and I figured that comment was referring to the water. The creek was as swollen as I have ever seen it. Paths were gone on 1, 4/5, 6. Full on lake between 2 and 3.

It is drying with the sun on Sunday afternoon and Monday.

As for mowing...the fairways are all nicely mowed. The rough is rough...waist deep in places like left of the fairway on hole 1, but I feel like that's normal.
PDGA #50292
Stairyo

Name: Alistair Davis
PDGA #:

Previous

Return to Area Courses