2014 New York State Events

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

A few disc golf videos for you to enjoy

Anything disc golf related in the Greater Rochester NY area

Re: A few disc golf videos for you to enjoy

Postby Ryan Pavone » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:12 pm

I suppose that sentence that you quoted from the youtube description should be changed. Didn't realize it would be picked apart that in depth. It should say something like "meant more to show some aspects of the course while we take multiple shots and try to capture our best shots on film"..... We pretty much did capture the whole course from tee off to basket. Most videos only have a view from the tee or someone is behind the basket filming the drive. With both it basically did show the holes all the way through. In the videos there is a behind angle from every tee and you can then see how the hole is shaped and the possible options for your type of shot. Then the next angle shows where the example shot would end up.
Ryan Pavone

Name: Ryan Pavone
PDGA #:

Postby Vielshanko » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Damn chief looks likes there's more then one in this crowd.
Vielshanko

Name: J
PDGA #:

Postby Andy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Stetz wrote:There's no way for you to take your drive and with the camera behind the tee record the walk from the tee to where the shot landed and then edit it so it plays in a fast-forward type deal when someone views it? ya get what I'm saying?

Without a ridiculous amount of expensive equipment, it would look like Michael J Fox is filming. Speeding it up would just be out of control. There's no way for us to accomplish that with our limited time and budget.

I'm not changing the youtube description because it says exactly what it's supposed to say, and I'm completely open to any comments and criticism - especially (constructive) negative criticism. That doesn't mean, though, that I'm not going to respond and say why we didn't do something, or why we won't in the next video. I'm not responding just for the sake of argument, I'm just trying to justify what we're doing and explain the best I can why.
Then there's this:
Stetz wrote:It clearly states in the description in the very first post that this was "meant more to walk you through the course in a way that lets you see all aspects of the holes and all the course has to offer." Well, your video barely touches on this

I completely disagree with that. There's no way that an angle from the tee showing the hole in it's entirety, along with a camera following the flight of the disc down the hole's fairway "barely touches" on a hole's presentation. Short of flying a RC helicopter through the hole with a camera strapped to it, there's no way we can capture more of a hole and still keep the video fun to watch. Though the helicopter idea would be **** sick.

If anyone here has an RC heli, pm me.
Andy

Name: Andy Dorofy
PDGA #:

Postby chiefstang » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:45 am

Gimme a break. The videos are great. Keep it up.

Stetz, quit bein' so defensive about "the mighty Basil". You're beginning to sound like our other resident psychopath.
Still rockin' my green shirt!
chiefstang

Name: Sean Lewis
PDGA #: 48561

Postby Dave Thomas » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:48 pm

I sincerely hope ya don't mean moi............lmao
By the way...the videos are gr8.......as the majority of respondents have said.....Play ON!
PS.......from some pretty mean PMs I have gotten...there are quite a few individuals with issues out on the courses.....Too bad...the beat goes on...Dave
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

Name: Dave Thomas
PDGA #:

Postby Stetz » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey Chief, all I did was give my opinion, which I'm entirely entitled to do. How about you let Andy and Ryan defend their own position. Nowhere in my post do I appear as a psychopath, in fact I believe I stated my concerns quite eloquently. They asked for criticism, I don't believe my input was directly negative (even if you believe it to be Andy) it was only a response to the original post. If they (Andy & Ryan) are going to get defensive about their videos, then they shouldn't ask for any criticism at all and just say "These are our videos, we're not changing anything, we need no input, enjoy." End rant.
Basil Bum
Stetz

PDGA #:

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Stetz wrote:Hey Chief, all I did was give my opinion, which I'm entirely entitled to do. How about you let Andy and Ryan defend their own position. Nowhere in my post do I appear as a psychopath, in fact I believe I stated my concerns quite eloquently. They asked for criticism, I don't believe my input was directly negative (even if you believe it to be Andy) it was only a response to the original post. If they (Andy & Ryan) are going to get defensive about their videos, then they shouldn't ask for any criticism at all and just say "These are our videos, we're not changing anything, we need no input, enjoy." End rant.

Nah I didn't think you were being harshly negative and I am looking for constructive criticism. I would actually be all about going with your idea of walking the fairway with a camera, but I can't implement that idea with the limited equipment I've got.
Andy

Name: Andy Dorofy
PDGA #:

Postby Stetz » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Thank you. That's all I was trying to do was express how I felt you could improve your videos. I never said they sucked or anything of that sort. And I can understand why you can't implement certain aspects on a limited budget/equipment.
Basil Bum
Stetz

PDGA #:

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Talk