The work day went well - thanks to everyone who brought their saws and helped hump wood. Thanx to the Gonzo group that picked up litter while they played.
The Dog and I will be working at Basil starting at 7am (or earlier) this Friday, we will be there most of the day. Any help will be appreciated, even for an hour. In the meantime, things that can be done:
(1) spray and/or cut ivy, esp. close to baskets and up trees (We have been working on it)
(2) move wood bench behind #1's new bench for bridge on #4 (over ditch)
(3) cut back branches around left of shed
(4) move toward v. courts/fix the snow fence around practice green
(5) knock down tall stuff inside practice green's 10 meter circle, this is also used as the 19th hole
(6) move wood far away from holes
(7) rake or blow off 10m circles
(8) pick up litter, as always
(9) weed wack around ob stakes on #1,9, and 10
(10) clean/polish top yellow bands of baskets
(11) snip any "trip" wires or sledge out any rotted stumps
The Dog and I still need to clean (ready) a few circles for the final World's painting, move wood, move chip (hopefully on left side of #7's green to cover ivy and on #17's green), develop shortcut path from #17 to #18, landscape berm behind #6, make footers and move new bridge into place near #17's pad, and dig and cement in 18 new tee signs, slice the black tubes and wrap some key early trees. I'm sure I'm missing a few other tasks, the point is there is still much to do and so little time.
If you are enjoying Basil, you can show your appreciation by doing one of the tasks or showing up this Friday to help. Thanx in advance. -304