Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

CHURCHVILLE

Course conditions, opinions and observations

Re: CHURCHVILLE

Postby swiltse » Wed May 4, 2011 1:48 pm

Just wondering when the course map might be updated. Wanted to see what the changes were like before driving out to the course.
swiltse

PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Wed May 4, 2011 5:24 pm

Been trying to finalize it this week. Hopefully I can have it posted today or tomorrow.
Gene
BeauRoch

Name: Gene Beaumont
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Wed May 4, 2011 8:11 pm

New map has been uploaded to the Churchville page and onto the Churchville section of DiscGolfCourseReview.com.
Still need to update the Google Map.
Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby FishyMack » Sun May 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Sorry, I haven't been on the forums for some time or I would have helped at Churchville. Would someone please post when the pads are to be poured so I can help with that?
FishyMack

Name: Alan Mack
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Sun May 15, 2011 5:29 pm

No cement at any of the Monroe County Parks courses:
Churchville
Ellison
Genesee Valley

Only flypads and only the Parks Dept. can install them.

The most help is needed at Chili right now. When we get to the start of July then all of the courses will start needing those "finishing touches".

You can figure on people working at Chili every weekend here on out so keep an eye on the forum for further details as they become available.

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Sun May 15, 2011 5:30 pm

I should add that MCC needs alot of work as well and cement will be going in this year on that course along with its redesign.

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby AJB » Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am

BeauRoch wrote:The most help is needed at Chili right now.

...really? I didn't think it looked that bad at all during the cookout. IMO we should be careful that we don't ignore Parma too much, being our hidden gem and all!
 Adam
AJB

Name: Adam Brennan
PDGA #: 34792

Postby Dave Thomas » Mon May 16, 2011 12:27 pm

MCC needs tthe most "TLC"....... IMO............Chili is in better shape than it was for the '99 Worlds!
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

Name: Dave Thomas
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Mon May 16, 2011 12:55 pm

MCC needs to dry well enough to get the cement tees put in and the re-design completed. Until then efforts are better spent at Chili unless somebody wants to organize a work day at another course.

This weekend is looking very promising. Perhaps one day at Chili and the other at Parma (or Ellison).

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Fri May 27, 2011 7:02 am

Dave,
Have there been any plans set up to get rid of the downed tree on #14 (Churchville)?

Also, a couple of the pines near the basket on #15 appear to have poison ivy growing on them. Can the park workers do anything about that? I believe if they at least cut the base vine it should kill everything above it.

Thanks,
Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby Dave Thomas » Fri May 27, 2011 7:42 am

The last time I spoke with the park's foreman,Forrest,he mentioned that they were going to cut the trees.....the removal however is a different story.....we'll see.....as for the Poison Ivy,I will take care of it....Dave
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby FishyMack » Fri May 27, 2011 10:10 am

I kind of liked the downed tree at 14, adds a nice touch. Although it is hard to see the basket from the tee.

As for poison ivy - KILL IT!
FishyMack

Name: Alan Mack
PDGA #:

Postby Dave Thomas » Mon May 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Fixed Basket #10 this morning as it was sticking half in and half out of the ground and nearly falling over.NOW the sleeve is even with the ground making it easy for the lawnmowers to go over it! Now #s 1-2-16-17 & 18 need the same thing to be done with them, as the sleeves are not even with the ground thus making it hazardous to the mowers and snowmobiles that also use the park.Please "Do not Shoot the Messenger" here...just making an observation....
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby myoung » Mon May 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Played there yesterday and that #10 basket really stood out. Concrete was exposed and basket was leaning. Glad to hear it's fixed..really liked the changes to the course..Seen mention of dead trees and was wondering if the dead fallen tree on 15 by the ring of trees before the basket is going....
myoung

Name: mike young
PDGA #: 29174

Postby Tony Inzana » Wed Jun 1, 2011 6:06 pm

Dave, is there anyway that you can help with those sleeves that are elevated? We are going to be there this weekend but working on the tee pads. So any help would be appreciated.
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Postby Dave Thomas » Wed Jun 1, 2011 6:21 pm

All I can do at this point is mulch around the basket area to kind of crown the area........then the mowers will go around them.......the snowmobiles go on the east side of North Main Street (in the wintertime) and all baskets on that side are in compliance...I will also make sure that we have enough mulch built up so that the snowmobiles,when they go over the sleeves once the baskets are removed do not wipeout or damage the sleds or trail groomers.....then Monroe County Parks has to decide whether or not the baskets #'d 1-2-17 & 18 stay or come back to their original placements......It is up to them....
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Thu Jun 2, 2011 4:44 pm

That's fine Dave, we will take care of it and make sure that they are in compliance... Thanks
Tony Inzana

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu Jun 2, 2011 5:27 pm

I'll be mulching all baskets and also painting the 10 metre circles around each in the coming weeks....dt
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Sat Jun 4, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks for doing that Dave !! WIll you keep the 10 metre circes maintained thru worlds?
Tony Inzana

Postby Dave Thomas » Sat Jun 4, 2011 6:05 pm

OF COURSE!
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby Johnny Flash » Mon Jun 6, 2011 11:27 pm

just make sure you use "turf paint" and not spray paint.
JOHNNY FLASH
Johnny Flash

Name: John Alloco
PDGA #: 25466

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Jun 7, 2011 8:46 am

I have painted fields for many,many years.....
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Tue Jun 7, 2011 8:56 am

For clarification, the special "turf" paint we bought is for any spray painting we need to do on any sidewalks, paths, parking lots, roads, etc.
It is more so we should only use it where we need to and the rest, i.e. 10m circles, can be done using the regular field marking spray paint.

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Jun 7, 2011 9:03 am

I have used "environmentally friendly" athletic paint for many,many years.....NO problems.......also Gene please PM me as I have all the info you need concerning all the sponsors of the Basil Marella DG Course! Just got the info yesterday.....Dave
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

PDGA #:

Postby KingArv » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

...I'm honestly scared to go into hole 14 where the basket is...WAY TOO MUCH POISON IVY :(

Any chance someone who is not allergic could get rid of the "devil's vine" somehow for good for those of us who break out horribly? Or at least recommend some ulterior basket placement etc..., because for now I'm skipping that hole completely (would tape a penalty to skip it at doubles if I could).
Not worth the risk imo.

David

P.S. double chains and new rubber pads are great! wish I could have helped, I was gone this weekend to the Adirondacks.
pdga #48524
KingArv

Name: David Shewan
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Went to hole #14 basket armed with Poison Ivy killer. You are right David that it is all around the basket out there but I saturated it all pretty well so hopefully that will knock it down pretty well.
If somebody is going to be out there over the next few days, could they give a report on if it getting effectively wiped out or do I need to make another visit.

The course is really starting to look good. The whole course is mowed, especially around the #6 fairway. Fly pads look awesome. Great job on the numbering Jerami!

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby myoung » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 pm

heading out there tomorrow morning....will post how it looks at 14.
myoung

Postby ironleaf disc sports » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:37 pm

course plays so much better now.......shot a 50 today...then even second time around...tee's make all the dif....13 and 15 are 2 of the best holes in rochester area....8 is pretty nasty too...i will b makin the drive often now....b4 redesign you couldent pay me to go out there.....
ironleaf disc sports

Name: Liam moore
PDGA #:

Postby rhand » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 am

Liam,

Glad to hear you like the changes. 15 is a great hole(Thanks Dave T)!

I've only heard positive comments about the new design as well as the tee's from everyone I've talked to and have seen out there.

Ryan
rhand

Name: Ryan Hand
PDGA #: 18846

Postby myoung » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Played Churchville this morning. Great job on the t-pads..Didn't look like the poison ivy spray on 14 had taken affect yet...Liam.. found your Voodoo in 18 basket..Not sure when I'll be in Rochester again.I'll be at the Shoot the Breeze in Ashtabula next weekend if anyone from your area will be there I can pass it on or the Finger Lakes open the week after that.
myoung

PreviousNext

Return to Area Courses