Sept 20

CNY Championships

Oxbow Falls DGC

2014 NYS Events Schedule

Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Visitors preparing for next year's worlds !!!

About the 2011 PDGA Amateur World Championships!

Visitors preparing for next year's worlds !!!

Postby Tony Inzana » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:13 am

Here is a pic of a wonderful family from Pennsylvania, The Parrish's. They contacted me and I had the pleasure of playing a round with them at Parma on Saturday. They were here to play as many courses as possible over the weekend with 4 or maybe 5 of them coming to play next year (and mom who has volunteered to help out spotting a little bit during the Worlds). They played Chili Friday, Parma and the front 9 of Basil on Saturday. Unfortunately, they were unable to play Ellison because of the biking event, but we were able to at least walk it. Look forward to having them here next year for the Big Event !!! :D
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Re: Visitors preparing for next year's worlds !!!

Postby walker » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 pm

I've been talking to folks on my frisbee team (and other people throughout GRADA) and I'm surprised at how many local Ultimate players play disc golf. Lots of them are planning on Am Worlds.
walker pdga #35267
http://love146.org
walker

Name: walker
PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 am

thats great Walker -- keep spreading the word --- hopefully we can get a sponsor and be able to promote rochester ultimate at the worlds
Tony Inzana

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Wed Dec 1, 2010 4:23 am

Wondering if AM World will have ASL interpreter(s) provided for possible 3+ Deaf players that are planning to attend??

Don't know how the cost will be covered yet. But its possible that DDGA or PDGA or sponsorship or volunteerism might cover it.

Only need to know...1) How many total hours are needed? 2) Which days are important for interpreter(s) to be there? 3) Can interpreter(s) get special pass to the tournament or staff shirt of some sort?

Requesting for good fluent ASL interpreter(s) with "work order" details in far advance (more than a month) will reduce the headaches for us all... :wink:
Tee Off and Pay ATTENTION!! :shock:
(a twisted concept from Ed's infamous quote)
http://www.ddga.org
NEDDG #12 / DDGA #134 / DGCR #1287 / PDGA #42420
DeafDiscGolfer

Name: Patrick Harris
PDGA #:

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Wed Dec 1, 2010 4:30 am

walker wrote:I've been talking to folks on my frisbee team (and other people throughout GRADA) and I'm surprised at how many local Ultimate players play disc golf. Lots of them are planning on Am Worlds.

Are these Ultimate players members of PDGA and already qualified for 2011 AM World?

I do know that my AM1 points did not go pass 500 points despise that I have played 7 PDGA tournaments in 2010. :(

Just hoping that I can able to register for the spot ASAP!!
DeafDiscGolfer

PDGA #:

Postby Doug Corea » Wed Dec 1, 2010 11:29 am

Pat, no need to worry, we can accept well over 600 players.

If you do not get an invitation from the PDGA (early in 2011)in the first wave based on points and state, then you can get on the wait list (around May 1?).
I can not imagine the tournament filling! - 304 :thumbup:
Doug Corea

Name: Doug Corea
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Wed Dec 1, 2010 8:04 pm

Pat,
Thanks for bringing to our attention the need for sign language interpreters.
I can see one being important to have at the Player's Meeting and the Awards Ceremony.
It will be added to our "To Do" list though I may need to pick your brain later in case I have questions.

Gene
BeauRoch

Name: Gene Beaumont
PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Mon Dec 6, 2010 1:45 pm

Pat,

Great thoughts --- given our history with RIT here --- I feel that it is necessary for us to have ASL interpreters --- at the very least for the players meeting, but we should have someone around if possible during registration and during the final awards and whatever functions we are running. Would love to be able to promote that, hoping that we can draw interest in the deaf community to play and help at the worlds !!!
Tony Inzana

Postby ieatboogies » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 pm

so hey everyone my name is robert and i am from delaware and i am pretty sure i will be attending the worlds this year and was just wondering if there are any people that are open to have a few people crashing on there floor or couch while up in new york. i would fit in more with a party crowd but i can behave also if i have to
ieatboogies

Name: robert sheren
PDGA #:

Postby eric_dmb » Wed Jan 5, 2011 11:50 am

looking forward to the AM Worlds, I know a large crew from PA will be up participate!

Can't wait!

Eric
eric_dmb

Name: Eric Eichhorst
PDGA #:

Postby ruxc82 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Besides the fact of trying to become the 2011 AM Worlds Champion and playing with some great people for a week of disc golf. Why would one make the trip and spend the large amount of money that it cost to play at worlds in Rochester? Based on course reviews with the exception of Geneseo they are par quality courses. Ohio last year came together rather well and the courses turned out better then the word of mouth about them was. KC the year before top of the class in so many ways. Charlotte for 2012 will not disappoint either. They might actually have two many high quality courses to choose from. Thanks. Best of luck.
ruxc82

Name: david
PDGA #:

Postby walker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi David! Thanks for your interest in Worlds 2011. The club here has been working hard to put things together. Geneseo is not one of the worlds courses. If you haven't yet, check our 2011amworlds.com for more details.

There are lots of reasons to participate in 2011 worlds. Of course all the usual things like the huge flymart with all the vendors, a players party with great entertainment, a killer players pack, field events, etc. In addition there will be other events and entertainment planned throughout the week. Just a few of the things in the works -hotel putting competition -Rochester Redwings (Baseball Game) -discounts at local bars/music venues/restraunts -Ten Ugly Men (huge concert) -and more!
walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 am

David,
To add what Walker mentioned in his post, the Rochester courses will be in the best shape ever. The Parma, Basil and Widener (Chili) courses are already looking better than they have in quite some time and will certainly be even better by July. Ellison will have the largest change when tee pads will finally get added to the course this Spring. The Churchville course is going through a redesign and tee pad installation as well which will surely improve its quality when done (this Spring). Our MCC course is also going through a major overhaul and if that gets completed with the planned tee pad installations then it will also be a major upgrade to what is in place now. This leaves the new course at Genesee Valley Park, this will be a temp. course and a resurrection of the old Pro Worlds course from 1999. This course may end being one of the most technically challenging of all of our courses and one players should enjoy playing.
So, to get back to your original point about the course's current reviews. We are certainly aware of those criticisms and a lot of work has gone in to address them. I think you and everybody else who decide to come into town for the AM Worlds will not be disappointed.
Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby ruxc82 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Gene,

Thanks for the reply. As a golfer that has been around for a little while now and has a fair understanding of the amount of effort that holding worlds demands plus the financial cost it puts on the local communities it's good to hear things are coming together. I know at one point you guys weren't sure on what changes could be made to a few courses if any. I wish you guys best of luck on getting everything ready. Look forward to seeing how everything turns out.

Thanks,

David
ruxc82

Name: david
PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Thanks David
The efforts for all of these improvements have truly been a community effort. Besides all of the labor that our club puts in to this endeavor we really received some hefty financial backing from our local county sports commission, while also getting tremendous support from our local county parks dept (since three of our courses are on county park land). Monroe Community College (site of the finals and possibly our 7th Worlds course) has also been stepping up efforts to help us out and will surely be instrumental in helping us make this a great AM Worlds.

See you in July!

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Has MCC changed the course's layout and installed cement pads already???

I thought the finals would be at Genesee which no one ever played before.
DeafDiscGolfer

PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:15 pm

You will just have to stay tuned for all the newest and greatest info on the Worlds Pat. :D
Tony Inzana

Postby ieatboogies » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 pm

still trying to line up a spot to crash i promise im not as crazy as they say
ieatboogies

PDGA #:

Postby ieatboogies » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 pm

where is all the love in new york
ieatboogies

PDGA #:

Postby walker » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 am

haha, keep trying man. Our boards are kind of slow in the winter, not many people look at them. You should have more luck closer to tourney time.

Maybe try some of the other area forums too. Folks from Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, Skylands, Nefa who are coming are all making lodging plans, you might be able to split a campsite or hotel with someone.
walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby ieatboogies » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 am

well the list is out and i will be making plans very soon so dont worry bout me
ieatboogies

PDGA #:

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Will the GVP course set up before the Worlds? I know that it will be used during RFDO which I cannot able to attend. :cry:

However, will these GVP course remind intact for the month of June?

I've already familiar with 4 out of 5 courses for the AM1 division but not that GVP course though. Seen the GVP course map, looks pretty simple and literally straightforward as well.
DeafDiscGolfer

PDGA #:

Postby walker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm

In addition to the RFDO, the GVP course will be set up one week prior to worlds. I haven't seen the layout personally but those who have said it is going to be quite challenging.
walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 pm

The GVP course map is already out and it looks very straight holes. No hook shots or anny drive holes. Just plain straight shots either out in the open or some in the thin woods.

I'm not sure if its challenging as any other courses. :? Of course, I could be wrong!! :oops:
DeafDiscGolfer

PDGA #:

Postby BeauRoch » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:23 am

Pat,
GVP will be a tough course to play. The water will certainly come into play on several holes and there will be trees to navigate around but it will be OB paths throughout which add to the course's "flavor". GVP will be anything but simple.
Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby Jamo » Mon Apr 4, 2011 4:43 pm

Dudes,
I've played courses all over the US, and Roc courses are sick.
Ellison is awesome, tee pads being the glaring and constant problem over the yrs, but if thats fixed, then its game on.
I always loved Chili, not necessarily technical, but a great place.
And if the Genny Valley layout is anything like pro worlds 99, unreal course in a beautiful setting. Basil is tight, and will make sure you got more than just a big arm, which can carry you through alot of the others. I wish i could make it and hit the old courses, but alas, its not in the cards. Everyone enjoy the festivites.

Cheers,
Kings Beach, CALI
Jamo

PDGA #:

Postby chiefstang » Mon Apr 4, 2011 5:33 pm

Jamo wrote:Dudes,
I've played courses all over the US, and Roc courses are sick.
Ellison is awesome, tee pads being the glaring and constant problem over the yrs, but if thats fixed, then its game on.
I always loved Chili, not necessarily technical, but a great place.
And if the Genny Valley layout is anything like pro worlds 99, unreal course in a beautiful setting. Basil is tight, and will make sure you got more than just a big arm, which can carry you through alot of the others. I wish i could make it and hit the old courses, but alas, its not in the cards. Everyone enjoy the festivites.

Cheers,
Kings Beach, CALI

Just wait until you play the Parma course! As someone who's played them all (except the GVP course), I can say that Parma is without question going to be the crown jewel of the tourney. That course has gotten amazing, and will challenge you with a bit of everything. It'll force you to make shots you've never had to make!

Is the GVP course going to be open for play the week before? I'll take a new course, if only for a week!
Still rockin' my green shirt!
chiefstang

Name: Sean Lewis
PDGA #: 48561

Postby BeauRoch » Tue Apr 5, 2011 9:02 am

I think all of our courses will be at their very best by the time the Worlds week rolls around.
The redesigns at Churchville and MCC should really give those courses a lift.
Flypads at Churchville, Ellison and GVP
Cement tees at MCC

The RFDO will be at Ellison and GVP this year so that may be your first opportunity to play the new (temp) GVP course. Not sure how much sooner the baskets will be going in there at this time.

Gene
BeauRoch

PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Thu Apr 7, 2011 9:27 pm

The plan at this time is to get the baskets in at GVP the weekend prir to the worlds or at least that Monday prior. So that will give people a good week to play the course before the Worlds.
Tony Inzana

Postby ieatboogies » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

i am still looking for a floor to sleep on anyone need someone to hold down the floor i am your man
ieatboogies

PDGA #:

Next

Return to 2011 AM Worlds