GRDGC Championships

MCC - 9 AM

2014 NYS Events Schedule

Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Stamp Designs for Worlds

About the 2011 PDGA Amateur World Championships!

Re: Stamp Designs for Worlds

Postby ash03vic » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:00 pm

I did email you back with the files in 2 separate emails with the shirt logo and the disc design on 9/12/09 via the email adresses you sent me: drdiscs2001@yahoo.com; drdiscs@mac.com

I have this forum and messages alerted to me via my email address: avickers03@hotmail.com ... so I've never heard from you after 9/12/09

I resent the emails again tonight. Hope you get them.

if not, just email me again and I will burn the files onto a cd and get them to you somehow.
ash03vic

PDGA #:

Postby brianthannan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:15 am

I know for a fact that Ashley had these designs done and emailed a long time ago, like weeks ago. I hate to say it, especially because I don't really know you, but you may be the reason these designs don't get out there for the RFDO.

She put a lot of hard work into those designs and not only for Worlds but also for the RFDO and she did it all voluntarily not for a class or anything. Everybody was excited to have both the seasons and digital designs for discs and shirts at the RFDO and it looks like it isn't going to happen or not going to happen in color? I'm not sure exactly what happened but these designs were completed a long time ago and now she has to scramble in the last minute to make changes. If we aren't able to get these designs put on shirts and discs due to a lack of time I will be very disappointed as should everyone else. I hate to call you out, but Ashley feels unappreciated right now and I completely understand her point of view.

Maybe next time we will have someone else in charge of this, but I'm not sure if you are the only one with a disc printing connection or not. It's just a crappy situation that I wish never had occurred.
Brian T. Hannan
brianthannan

Name: Brian Hannan
PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:03 am

To all that are concerned and that have an opinion !!!!

Brian, hello, hope to meet you soon so I can put a face with the name. I will try to respond as best I can. I understand your frustration, but hopefully you will understand my perspective after I explain, especially since I am sure that you have not run a tournament before.

#1, Ashley did an incredible job with the logos and we will be using both logos, one now and one in the future. Yes, she sent me files a couple weeks ago which I did look at quickly and I should have looked closer because I didn't realize that the files were not in the correct format for Discraft until I submitted them. I now have the correct files and the t-shirts are in production as we speak as well as discs.

#2, it takes money to purchase merchandise for the tournament. I am not running this tourny like John Alloco and I do for the Chili Cookout and because of that, I was not in charge of pre-registration. When I run a tourny, I try to get as much pre-registered people as I can so that I know how much stuff to order. We also need sponsor money to figure out how much we can afford to give out and not lose money. So I cant just order 144 t-shirts because what happens when only 50 people show up and we are out several hundred dollars? So I didnt order everything under the sun until I had a little better idea of how many people are coming. I am sorry that the full color 4 seasons disc will not be available for this tourny, but our players pack plus free lunch is very generous for the participants of the RFDO.

#3, I hope that Ashley continues to help with logos and I hope all understand a little better about what is involved in planning a tournament. Anyone that wants to lend a hand, especially with worlds coming, is more than welcome to help out.
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Postby Tony Inzana » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:19 am

To continue with my last post:

#4, Please understand that I think the 4 seasons logo is incredible and I know that we will be getting that in production for the Worlds. Given the unknown amount of people atttending the RFDO, I was not going to overextend my and the club's finances and order both disc designs and t-shirts. In order to give her logo the publicity it deserves, we are going to need a minimum of a 4 color screen for the front and back of the t-shirts or polos. The screens alone will cost more then 120 bucks and thats not even the other costs, so we will need to order a large number of items using that colored logo so that the per unit cost is not astronomical. If people have better printing options or connections, then please step forward because I am all about cutting costs. Just an FYI, we have given out lunch and a t-shirt and a disc for the Chili Cookout for the last couple years and despite selling the tourny out, I still took a loss overall, which I personally ate that cost. one other thing, I do all of this voluntarily and have not made a dime off the club and do not expect to make money off the club. This is my passion, not my job.
Tony Inzana

Postby brianthannan » Thu Oct 1, 2009 8:55 am

Ok, thanks for the response. Ashley was frustrated at the time, but she seems to be fine with everything now. I appreciate the work everyone has put into this stuff and hopefully we can roll out with something nice for the RFDO.
Brian T. Hannan
brianthannan

Name: Brian Hannan
PDGA #:

Postby gator » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:53 am

Ashley, I don't know if anyone has gotten a chance to thank you for the designs. Everyone at the RFDO really liked them and I've even heard casual players that weren't there talk to their friends about how cool it is. :thumbup:
Thank you
gator

Name: Greg
PDGA #: 36882

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Yeah, agreed with Gator.

I got two RFDO stamped discs and T-shirt.

I worn that shirt at the last weekend's deaf tournament and have turned some heads!

Thanks Ashley!!

I hope you and Brian did got the shirts as well, did you?
Tee Off and Pay ATTENTION!! :shock:
(a twisted concept from Ed's infamous quote)
http://www.ddga.org
NEDDG #12 / DDGA #134 / DGCR #1287 / PDGA #42420
DeafDiscGolfer

Name: Patrick Harris
PDGA #:

Postby john whitney » Thu Nov 5, 2009 11:34 pm

Ashley,
Thank you sooo much for the designs. No one could ever have asked for anything more kool (Even my girlfriend, who thinks discgolf is just a way to get me outta the way for a few hours, said, hey, thats a pretty cool looking disc you got there). Thanks, you ROCK.

John
john whitney

Name: John Whitney
PDGA #:

Postby walker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:01 am

Okay, so i did this in GIMP. I lack the patience and knowledge to do this right, but I though I'd throw it out there to maybe give somebody with more creative skills something to run with.

-obvious this is just black and white
-font, size, color, shape of the text could change
-the crude drawings of disc, basket, and player are well, crude.
-the skyline and globe I just snagged off google image. Similar things could be found on Flickr and Creative Commons for free as long as credit it given.

walker pdga #35267
http://love146.org
walker

Name: walker
PDGA #:

Postby walker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:15 am

another feeble rendition. again, just a mock up.

walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby walker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm

There's a thread going on at Nefa about our logo....
http://forums.nefa.com/viewtopic.php?t=5813

somebody posted this, for some ideas.

also, for anyone who has not seen them... here are the 2010 Pro Worlds Logos.
walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby gator » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 pm

There's some trademark issues we would face with that badge.
gator

Postby walker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 pm

yeah, i just thought it might spark some ideas. Do you think the city would give us permission to use the flower logo?
walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby CapitanAnhyzer » Wed Feb 3, 2010 3:57 pm

Will this spark any creativity? 1999 WDGC disc pics

http://wdgc.home.comcast.net/~wdgc/wdgc99.html

at the bottom of the page you can scroll around to different years' also
CapitanAnhyzer

Name: Jeff Wiechowski
PDGA #:

Postby ash03vic » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 am

Hello all!

I haven't been around the forum lately ever since we moved to Florida in October. THANK YOU everybody for your sweet comments about the RFDO design. I am thrilled to hear that the logo has been greatly complimented throughout the Rochester Disc Golf community. It was great pleasure to work on these designs. Thank you!

Also, Patrick contacted me a few weeks ago to see if Brian and I already received the shirts and discs from the RFDO with the logo I designed. I would really appreciate it SO much if we could get the RFDO shirts and discs. :)

Please contact Patrick Harris or Ryan Hand for the shipping address.

Thank you again so much for the great experience of working and playing with you guys in Rochester!

Stay warm!

Ash
ash03vic

PDGA #:

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Hey Ash,

Met Ryan this morning and gave him your mailing address. He got your stuff and trying to get that shipped out!!

Many thanks for your artwork! :clap:
Tee Off and Pay ATTENTION!! :shock:
(a twisted concept from Ed's infamous quote)
http://www.ddga.org
NEDDG #12 / DDGA #134 / DGCR #1287 / PDGA #42420
DeafDiscGolfer

Name: Patrick Harris
PDGA #:

Postby Cannonarm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 am

This colored polo shirts look awesome. I have no time to read all posts about the shirts, so any chance I can order or buy couple of shirts, red and black collared shirt?
Cannonarm

PDGA #:

Postby Tony Inzana » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:58 pm

This is a link to the artwork from the 2005 worlds -- maybe that will help people in their designing.

http://2005worlds.org/worlds_art01.html
Tony Inzana

Postby Nerdboy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:52 am

Does anyone have any of the 'digital' stamped discs from the 09 RFDO left for sale? or T-shirts? I'm really interested in them.
Nerdboy

Name: Max Norman
PDGA #:

Re:

Postby Nerdboy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 am

gator wrote:ok so 45 people have now viewed this post one of you must have followed the link and looked at the pictures....WHERE ARE THE COMMENTS? anything is better then nothing, what did you like, what did you dislike, what do you want to see! I'm willing to do more designs but this logo and disc designs will represent us, people will look at these discs years from now and remember this tournament.

what's the guest password? I'm trying to refine and I need to see what's there.
Nerdboy

PDGA #:

Postby Nerdboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Here's two more that I've been working on
Nerdboy

PDGA #:

Postby Nerdboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:26 pm

The lower one needs a silhouette of someone ripping a huge drive- shot in front of the person- the upper one I designed somewhat open to allow for sponsors' logos. They both project the clean, progressive, young image that Rochester is known for.
Nerdboy

PDGA #:

Postby gator » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:53 pm

I think their the best I've seen so far. I don't know if I've ever heard it discussed, but how many hot stamps and super colors are we looking for?
gator

Postby joedude » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

I like the top one, but, it does kind of look like a golf ball on a tee. maybe a basket?
put it in the side

Joe
joedude

Name: Joe McGlinchy
PDGA #: 37531

Postby Johnny Flash » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm

i think their both awesome in my opinion. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
JOHNNY FLASH
Johnny Flash

Name: John Alloco
PDGA #: 25466

Postby walker » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 pm

those look great! I really like your state outline, we should integrate that into all of the designs. The colors are nice for full color discs, but how well will it transfer to a hotstamp? (i.e. b/w) I agree, the one looks like a golf ball. On the second one, maybe put the holes in the chains, it might look more like chains.

These are some of the best so far.
walker pdga #35267
walker

PDGA #:

Postby Nerdboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 am

Thanks guys for all your kind words! With the sphere I was highlighting "world" championship- let me refine this as my wife agrees with you all. Also, I'll give a preview shortly of the monochrome of a hotstamp.
Nerdboy

PDGA #:

Postby SamHil66 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Possible Basil Marella World Ams Edition disc that could be then used for a course logo disc. Using the Greek Discus Thrower statue, still a little rough - will need some more refinement.

Each course could have a "Worlds Edition"...Genesee Valley - The Bridge...Chili - Farm Image, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamHil66

PDGA #:

Postby SamHil66 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Basil Marella Logo Disc 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamHil66

PDGA #:

Postby SamHil66 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Basil Marella Logo Disc 2
BasilLogoDisc2.jpg
SamHil66

PDGA #:

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 AM Worlds