Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

Bridge @ Basil hole 13

Course conditions, opinions and observations

Bridge @ Basil hole 13

Postby Sythie » Mon Oct 7, 2013 1:47 pm

Played Basil yesterday only to discover the bridge is in real bad shape. Waking across it I could tell something wasn't right and luckily I made it across. Once to the other side I saw that the left side of the bridge is almost broken all the way thru. It will not hold the weight of more than one person in my opinion and it's only a matter of time before it's completely unusable. Posting this in the hope that nobody is hurt which could jeopardize the courses future.
Sythie

Name: Matt Forsythe
PDGA #: 47259

Re: Bridge @ Basil hole 13

Postby Doug Corea » Tue Oct 8, 2013 8:41 am

Thanks Matt, I'll call the creator,aka, the Dog. Matt please give me a call or maybe I'll see you at the Finals - thanks. -304
Doug Corea

Name: Doug Corea
PDGA #:

Postby Sythie » Tue Oct 8, 2013 12:51 pm

Will do Doug. I've been meaning to call you just been crazy busy. Sunday was only the second time I had thrown in over a month. Btw that zonedriven disc is a gazelle. I will be at the finals Saturday also.
Sythie

Name: Matt Forsythe
PDGA #: 47259

Postby KyleG » Mon Jun 9, 2014 5:15 am

Basil bridge down! Played Sunday morning to find a complete absence of a bridge going to #13. Not sure who is in charge of these matters, but just wanted to get the word out there. Hopefully nobody was hurt!
KyleG

Name: Kyle Gurnett
PDGA #:

Postby Phogbound » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:49 pm

In my humble opinion all efforts in clearing/maintaining should be focused on creating a way to cross that creek NOW! Perhaps more to the North?. I find it shocking that probably the most played course in league play, (rounds per year) is being treated like a red headed step child. I'm aware of the RFDO and cleaning things up for scheduled courses (I GET IT!), but PLEASE LOOK AT BASIL soon. I'm assuming that members of the club took down and cleaned up remaining debris of the the bridge, but I find it pretty sad that we have not heard of a plan to date to remedy the situation. CONTACT THE BOY SCOUTS or please announce what the clubs plans are in making this course playable again!

Concerned,

Phog
Phogbound

Name: Kevin Shea
PDGA #:

Postby reksav » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Kevin, the plan has been made and are awaiting materials to put it into effect.

The plan is this... We have been donated 2 35' uprights made of steel tubing designed as part of a racking system in an industrial warehouse. The hold up is that these uprights are not available until replacements are purchased for said warehouse. We could spend a bunch of money on other building materials that would last only a few years or we can wait another few weeks and have a bridge that the vandals couldn't damage without a cutting torch.

I'm voting for waiting.
reksav

Name: Derek Savory
PDGA #:

Postby Phogbound » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Derek,

Thank You For The Update. I was a little worried our wooded friend was forgotten. I'm all for the better fix. Perhaps involved parties could mull over placement a little farther north, between 16 basket and 13 pad.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Phog :clap: :clap: :clap:
Phogbound

Name: Kevin Shea
PDGA #:

Postby reksav » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Don't you worry, Basil is slated for the work league come August. The bridge will go in ASAP!
reksav

Name: Derek Savory
PDGA #:

Postby ElvishTrampStamp » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:53 pm

I hope Kevin hasn't been in contact with too many Boy Scouts yet... :think: :problem: :sick:
vinegar strokes
ElvishTrampStamp

Name: N.Day
PDGA #: 51830

Postby FishyMack » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:27 am

Please be sure to contact Park Foreman John Plummer before installing the bridge. It is always wise to be in contact with "landowners".

When the time comes, I would like to help set up the new bridge.
FishyMack

Name: Alan Mack
PDGA #:

Return to Area Courses