Doubles League Final

Webster Park Temp

2014 NYS Events Schedule

Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

RFDO Amateur payouts

The 40th Anniversary of the Rochester Flying Disc Open (RFDO)

RFDO Amateur payouts

Postby Tony Inzana » Tue Aug 5, 2014 8:25 am

I need to address payouts for the RFDO before the actual event. I am sure not everyone will be happy, but that's the norm for any event.

If you haven't already heard, the Player Pack for the RFDO is exceptional, valued at $90 including collector discs from our historic event. All that is required to run a PDGA sanctioned event is to pay out 100% of entry fees which we are doing for all divisions with our player pack alone.

In addition to the player pack, we are hosting a player party Saturday evening at the Parma VFW. We will be feeding everyone and there will be tons of prizes given away at the party. We will also be having CTP's, donated by Royce, Millenium Discs and myself which will be valued at almost $1000

So that brings us to the good part. Final payout !!! There has been a trend lately for the bigger events to have a bigger player pack and to payout less at the end. Also in these specific events, The percentage of players paid out has gotten smaller. The PDGA recommends at least 40% of the field gets paid, but strongly recommends 50%. That being said, if the player pack exceeds 100% of the entry fees, then one can actually have trophy only payouts. I, personally, have decided on my own compromise in between both of those options.

SOOOOOOOOOO, everyone is walking out of registration with a player pack valued higher then the entry fee, so all should be ok with payouts overall. I DO NOT want to pay out and the end, 50% of the field. That will give way too many people very small payouts and IMO it gives less incentive to finish better. Therefore, we are only paying out 40% of the field, allowing those 40% to get a little bigger piece of the pie. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN !!! That all of you need to bring your A game and not settle for top half but top 40%. At the end of the day, total payout including player packs, CTP's, player party, trophies and final payout equals out to us paying back close to 200% of the entry fees !!!

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this post. Wanted to make sure that this was out there ahead of time so everyone knows what is in store for this weekend. It's going to be an awesome event and I can't wait to hand out the trophies and send the top male and female advanced players to the NT event in a month !!!
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Return to Prodigy Disc presents the 40th Rochester Flying Disc Open