Chelsea Loses to Zog at MCC Black 6-5 in Overtime (Is it called overtime? Sudden death? I am in World Cup mode lol)
The day started with Zog and I agreeing that I was going to lose and laughing, because even with 17 Mullies Zog should kick my ass. But I told him I promised to not make it easy on him and that I would be a pain in his ass all day and I believe I at least followed through on one of those things. It was an extremely fun round. Zog made me play better. But here is a the breakdown for those of you who want to know or are bored at work this morning.
1) Zog's drive is past the yellow basket in the woods, near perfect. He takes a 3 and I take a four (a mull wouldn't have helped so I didn't bother) Zog takes the early lead 1-0 and I have a mull for every hole left.
2) Somehow my first two drives are past Zog's around the corner but I need 2 mulls for my upshot and we end up pushing with 5s. Still 1-0 and 15 mulls left.
3) Zog has a short drive so I mully mine in hopes to steal a win, but it doesn't matter when he makes 105 foot putts for birdies, he takes the hole and I laugh at my naive hope and push forward 2-0 14 mulls
4) I use a mully here and get the push with 3s, the grass is still too long up there 2-0 13 mulls
5) Zog goes OB and I manage to stick the fairway and save a 4 to his five, I win my first hole. 2-1 13 mulls
6) I steal the box and make my drive over, Zog's doesn't make it over but I can't make my upshot or putt for a three (even with mullies) and we push the hole with 4s, 2-1 11 mulls
7) We both scramble up to the hole and I am sitting pretty for a five and Zog has a long four putt, I get excited - I shouldn't - don't doubt Zog's putt. He will make those. 3-1 , 11 mulls
8- I blow my three chance and we push with 4s, 3-1 still and 10 mulls left
9) We both make it across (obviously) but have decent distance putts, I am certainly not in the circle but I hit post on my putt to put the pressure on Zog and he almost makes his putt it touched every chain on the right side but misses so we both take threes no mullies for the push 3-1 and 10mulls left
10) I drop in 3 no mullies and Zog fours so I begin my comeback 3-2 10mulls
11) I take out my bubble boss and drive as far as the yellow basket, which is exciting for me and I just wanted to share lol, but we both take 3s for a push still 3-2 Zog with my 10mulls left
12) I mully my drive for a more open look and even though I am in range to putt for a three to push, but I can't do it even with two mullies and I go down 4-2 with 7 mulls left
13) I scramble for a four but Zog once again with those huge putts saves a 3 and I go down 5-2 with 6 mulls left
14) Zog drives so far into the crap on the left I don't see him for nearly 5 minutes (slight hyperbole) but I keep to the fairway and snag a four without mulls which wins me the hole bringing it to 5-3 6mulls left
15) I drive to the big tree but am right behind it, I step out from around the tree wishing I didn't have to straddle putt outside the circle because I hate it and of course I miss, Zog misses too though so I figure I have so many mullies left I will try again and I miss again, but I feel like I should try one more time and I do and I can the putt for a birdie and move to 5-4 with 2 holes left and and 4 mulls left
16) Two mulls used wisely for the push keeping it 5-4 and 2 mulls left.
17) I take a drop in three no mullies (best I've ever played the hole black or yellow) and we push
18) This is it, one hole, two mulls and a promise to be a pain in the ass all day. I use my two mullies to get down the fairway once and out of the woods later. I am looking at a four putt and Zog hits a tree on his way out and takes a five, which means I tie it up! 5-5!
OVERTIME EXTRA HOLE 1
Let's just say I got way to excited and wanted to throw as many shots as possible because I think I hit every rock, tree and obstacle I possibly could have and Zog takes the hole clean! Zog wins 6-5, amazing day, amazing disc golf. Congrats to Zog and thank you for making me a better player. I feel like yesterday was what match play is all about.