Women's League

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

'99 Worlds now up on Youtube

Anything disc golf related in the Greater Rochester NY area

'99 Worlds now up on Youtube

Postby Andy » Mon Jun 3, 2013 8:10 am

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's definitely worth checking out. It's a great video and it's amazing to see the course in it's infancy compared to how it looks today.

http://youtu.be/clmH0J1ODU4

Great piece of Disc Golf and Rochester history!

Big thanks to Matt Forsythe for lending me the DVD. It was a lot of fun to watch.
Andy

Name: Andy Dorofy
PDGA #:

Re: '99 Worlds now up on Youtube

Postby absolut watkins » Mon Jun 3, 2013 9:21 am

Holy crap guys is that an amazing watch!!!!!! Took me a moment on some of the holes to figure out what hole they were on..... but it was crazy to see the gallery how it was then and how such a youth movement has taken place now. Great stuff
absolut watkins

Name: rick w
PDGA #:

Postby Sythie » Mon Jun 3, 2013 10:23 pm

What it should also show each and everyone one of us that reads this post and then watches it is what can be done by people who love the sport. That course looked so awesome because of the dedication of our local golfers. Now we have so many more people playing in this area that if united could make our courses so much better and more challenging. Imagine if we all left our discs in the car from time to time and instead gave the courses some much needed attention!
Sythie

Name: Matt Forsythe
PDGA #: 47259

Postby Luke Butch » Mon Jun 3, 2013 11:27 pm

I got to go and watch this final day, it was my first year playing and how beautiful Chili was blew my mind! Also got to meet Ron afterwards, he gave me a 1st run mrx and signed it, the experience made a great impression on me and helped get me hooked on disc golf.

so sick to watch this and think of what discs they are throwing. DX teebirds and eagles for Climo and Shultz probably, Cyclones and Comets for Ron, X clones for Stokely. Go to Chili and try just throwing these discs, no fast drivers and see that its not easy.
Luke Butch

Name: Luke Butch
PDGA #:

Return to Disc Golf Talk