Millennium Games - Over 1,000 discs!

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

McBeast comments on our courses

Anything disc golf related in the Greater Rochester NY area

McBeast comments on our courses

Postby Forehander » Wed Mar 6, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm sure some of you may have seen this before but I was going through McBeast's thread on DGCR and I found this comment which made me very proud of our courses and community.

He was asked about what he thought of our courses specifically Chili and Parma:

"By far the best kept course I played all year. They were also challenging which was a surprise for not ever hearing about new york. If there was a vote for cleanest and well groome course Rochester would have my vote."
Forehander

Name: Trevor
PDGA #:

Re: McBeast comments on our courses

Postby Mudd Budd » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:12 pm

sweet!
Mudd Budd

Name: Mike Drees
PDGA #: 52099

Postby mbrennan5 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 12:09 pm

This is just awesome to hear. Thinking back to the familiar faces who busted their asses for a couple summers to take our courses to the next level and then having it recognized kinda brings it full circle.
Matt
mbrennan5

Name: Matt Brennan
PDGA #: 34790

Postby Neighborhood » Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:05 pm

That's crazy that he said they were by far the best kept courses he played all year and that they were challenging. I played some great courses in Florida recently that are considered some of top courses in that state. After playing them I thought to myself wow, I actually like Rochester's courses more. The diversity of courses here is just awesome. If the Empire course turns out to be amazing and the Spartan one get's trees put in, Rochester is going to be on the map for dg. Even without those two new courses the ones we have are really good.

It's also awesome that the drive time between courses is very short. If you start at the apple farm and hit all courses all the way to Shore Winds you only drive like 10-20 min between each course. Well except once you go to shore winds it's like a 40 min drive but that's just the one course.
Neighborhood

Name: Ryan
PDGA #:

Postby ronbo » Fri Mar 8, 2013 5:29 pm

Definitely really cool he said that. But, we still need a par 66+ within the Rochester city limits. That would solidify the Roc as a major DG force
ronbo

Name: Ron Arena
PDGA #:

Postby Brownguy » Fri Mar 8, 2013 6:06 pm

A course like Moraine...Emery? :thumbup:
The difference between stupidity and genius is stupidity has no lmits
Brownguy

Name: Bobby Jones
PDGA #:

Postby chiefstang » Sat Mar 9, 2013 4:08 pm

I was talking to Cameron Colglazier at The Memorial, and he said Parma and Chili were two of his favorite courses too. Rochester is absolutely a sleeper gaining recognition in the dg world. Between the RFDO last year, and Am Worlds, word is getting out quickly!! Great job, gang!!!!
Still rockin' my green shirt!
chiefstang

Name: Sean Lewis
PDGA #: 48561

Postby Stairyo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Feldberg said much the same thing after practicing for RFDO. I'm not surprised about the Rochester part, but I expected that others would take care of their parks equally well. Good for us. :thumbup:

ronbo wrote:Definitely really cool he said that. But, we still need a par 66+ within the Rochester city limits. That would solidify the Roc as a major DG force

Brownguy wrote:A course like Moraine...Emery?

Yes!!! :clap: Ditto Deer Lakes, Knob Hill, and Waterworks. It takes the combination of elevation changes, tall-old trees, and length. You can have a really good course with one or two, but you need all three to make a great course. The best land for this kind of top tier course is already in established parks and is owned by the towns/county/state. The better the land-the less likely it is to get the right DG course in though. :(

Just think of how awesome Mendon Ponds could be if the right people were on board. :D I love the temp course that we use for doubles finals...that's the idea. Hopefully we will be able to turn our goodwill with the County Parks People into our best course yet.

And don't forget The Apple Farm will be a destination some day with two solid courses and awesome 'coutry club' extras. Spartan is already a good course and I'm definitely looking forward to what Empire is going to become. :D
PDGA #50292
Stairyo

Name: Alistair Davis
PDGA #:

Return to Disc Golf Talk