Gonzo Doubles

Sat

2:00p

Women's League

Monroe County Sports

Gonzo Disc Golf

Websites by SiteSteward, Inc.

IT'S OFFICIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About the 2011 PDGA Amateur World Championships!

IT'S OFFICIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Tony Inzana » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:45 pm

I got a call from Dave Gentry today to personally award us the bid to host the 2011 Amateur and Junior World Championships. Now we can start moving forward with everything---its gonna be a great exciting 4 years. Thanks for everyone's help.
Tony Inzana

Name: Tony Inzana
PDGA #: 15770

Postby PEneoark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:22 pm

w00t w00t!
PEneoark

Name: Andrew Bower
PDGA #:

Postby Don Courbat » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:00 pm

:D I'm sure I speak for everyone in the Syracuse area and CNYDGA, when I say congratulations. If we as a club can be of any help don't hesitate to contact Wendy or myself. Man I wish I lived a little closer to Rochester right about now. P.S. you can register me right now, I don't care would I have to do to qualify. LOL
Great job Rochester.
CNY Chaingang
Don Courbat

PDGA #:

A Smile........

Postby Dave Thomas » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:37 pm

CONGRATS! NOW.........the hard work begins............
Dave Thomas
Dave Thomas

Name: Dave Thomas
PDGA #:

Postby Gr8ful John » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Congrats to ya Tony & the rest of the Rochester crew. !!! That is great new for you guys.
Gr8ful John

Name: Gr8ful John
PDGA #:

Postby ScottA » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:01 am

Great Job guys.. Now all the hard work begins.. Let's talk sometime to see how NRDG can help out..
ScottA

PDGA #:

Postby walker » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm

I just read in the April/May issue of Flying Disc Magazine about Alan "Upshot" Brown's "Play 'em All Tour." Starting at the world Am's this year, he will be playing all the courses in the United States. His plan is to finish up at the 2011 Am Worlds in Rochester!

Is the club doing anything in correlation with Brown? More info at http://www.playemalltour.com/
walker

Name: walker
PDGA #:

Postby DeafDiscGolfer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm

I doubt that Alan will play the entire USA's courses. I find it hard to believe that anyone is willing to fork over a lot of money to a guy who just wanted to have fun for two years. What if he gets hurt? That screws up Alan's whole plans of doing the USA tour. The gas prices has gone up, can Alan afford it or will he be riding the bike all over?

I wanna to join with him too but be realistic, I gotta to pay for food, gas, rents, bills, etc. Unless I hit the lottery and win, then I will join with him and bring along two more players too.

We'll see about what Alan is up to in the month of August of 2008.

:?
DeafDiscGolfer

Name: Patrick Harris
PDGA #:

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby BeauRoch » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 am

Pat nailed it. From the "playemalltour.com" forum:
"Due to the fuel prices and the record rise in prices for everything we consume the tour will be postponed indefinitely. I of course wish to see this happen, and have worked tirelessly to put this thing together. When I started this effort the budget was 50,000 dollars and that was a shoestring budget at best. Now the estimated cost of the tour is 78,000 dollars! What I dont want to do is get on the road for a few weeks or months and run out of cash. I am working on some alternative sponsorship, but will not know if it will happen for a few weeks. Needless to say that I am very disappointed with this situation, but I am also very gratefull to the sponsors to date and the 200+ discgolfers that have offered to put me up when I am to be on the road. I will update the progress in a couple weeks. THANK YOU EVERYONE, and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!"
BeauRoch

Name: Gene Beaumont
PDGA #:

Return to 2011 AM Worlds